WTF Is in Raid Spray

edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Seriously, I just sprayed a wasp with this shit and it started spazzing out on my bed, looked like it was trying to sting itself to death before the bug spray killed it.

Obviously I huffed the raid afterwards etc etc.

Comments

• MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    It was walking the dinosaur
  • edited August 2010
    Watered down nerve gas. Really.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    .20% Tetramethrin…. A suspected carcinogen and neuro toxicant
    .20% Peremethrin…Carcinogen, endocrine, gastrointestinal, neuro, reproductive & liver toxicant
    99.6% Other Ingredients

Chlorethane
    Cresoils
    Dibutylphthalate
    Dimethylphthalate
    Epichlohydrin
    Isophorone
    Napthalene
    Phenol
    Toulene

I found this information here.

So yeah, like said it's basically nerve gas.
  • edited August 2010
    I was reading this interesting article on eHow about it, its actually pretty cool.

Interesting how they use chemicals to keep the stuff inside the bug once they breathe it in too. Pretty awesome stuff.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2010
    Try spraying a decent sized cockroach with that shit.......Those things are like a tank with legs.
    You can literally soak them in raid and they still eat everything in your fridge, drink all the beers
    then fuck off and die.:angry:
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    Someone needs to figure out how to extract that .4% of nerve gas and turn it into a can the size of raid with 100% nerve gas.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    They list the ingredients on the front of the can!
    edited August 2010
    Someone needs to figure out how to extract that .4% of nerve gas and turn it into a can the size of raid with 100% nerve gas.

The best I could find was 36.8% :(http://www.amazon.com/36-8-Permethrin-Multi-Insecticide-Termiticide/dp/B003IMO3I2

You could try and distill it, but I don't think that's a very good idea.
  • edited August 2010
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_(insecticide)

Almost all of the ingredients in household insecticides are neurotoxins. Each of the main ingredients currently used in Raid, Permethrin, Tetramethrin, Cypermethrin and Imiprothrin all are neurotoxins.

EDIT: Also, these chemicals are shitty at killing people. Very high doses will cause damage to the brain or nervous system, but they wouldn't be comparable to military nerve agents.
  • brandonbrandon Regular
    edited August 2010
    it wasnt ded it was siting still cus it was havina sycidelic jerny :o;o:o:o:o
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    If you want to kill someone with a can of Raid, bash their head in with it.
    edited August 2010
    Or tell them to huff it.
  • edited August 2010
    So, what exactly does military grade nerve gas do to humans?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »

Nerve gas works on the nervous system. It blocks acetylcholinsterase which breaks down the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. If acetylcholine isnt broken down, you'll get a bunch of it at the synapse and it'll continue to work. One of it's main functions is controlling muscle and as it continues to act, the muscles will keep being contracted and won't be able to relax. This will cause bunches of problems everywhere in the body as muscle contraction/relaxation are quite important to do things such as breathing.
    edited August 2010
    Those fuckers never die:angry: i had one behind my fridge for like 3 months before i finally gave up on trying to kill it and trapped it and tossed it in the toilet. I tried everything, i held a torch lighter up to it but i casually walked away, i sprayed roach killer on it and it just scurried on like nothing was wrong, and i tried stomping on it a million times but that fucker wouldn't die:mad:

The survivor of a nuclear holocaust.:mad:
  • edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »

Mainly you lose control of your muscles, you convulse, piss, shit then stop breathing.
    edited August 2010
    Mainly you lose control of your muscles, you convulse, piss, shit then stop breathing.
    Aww! basically like sculling a 40oz of high alcohol content vodka.:p
  • edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Nerve gas works on the nervous system. It blocks acetylcholinsterase which breaks down the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. If acetylcholine isnt broken down, you'll get a bunch of it at the synapse and it'll continue to work. One of it's main functions is controlling muscle and as it continues to act, the muscles will keep being contracted and won't be able to relax. This will cause bunches of problems everywhere in the body as muscle contraction/relaxation are quite important to do things such as breathing.

You really DO learn something new everyday with &T, don't you. :D