Explosives and a big crowd. Max damage?

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited September 2010 in Man Cave
So, what's the most easy to make explosive which is safe to transport and can be utilised to explode in the middle of a crowd?

Ideas:

Suicide bomber vest
Acetone Peroxide
Semtex )where to get though?)
Pipe bombs

I already have perfected a method of detonation with a mobile phone. So, any ideas? For all intents and purposes, this is a very fucking bad idea...

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Projectiles and shrapnel are a must for any anti-people explosive. Make good use of nails, bolts and metal shot.
  • edited August 2010
    This is my favourite site for bombing tactics etc.

http://tinyurl.com/2zg4o
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Projectiles and shrapnel are a must for any anti-people explosive. Make good use of nails, bolts and metal shot.

This. Lots and lots of shrapnel.
  • The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited August 2010
    if you wanna throw or blow up explosives go enlist in the army and go to Afghanistan.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2010
    This is my favourite site for bombing tactics etc.

http://tinyurl.com/2zg4o

thank the lawd for "preview." behind the URL ;)

I figured shrapnel. Ball bearings and shaped metal are the best bet. How would I conceal it and get it past a checkpoint though? I have vests I could use, but a quick pat-down would render it useless.
  • edited September 2010
    Blast is just pressure and 80% of it will just spread above people's heads and into the air. Blast is only good when its in a confined space!

(The blast of the bomb designed to kill hitler was tremendoes but it was meant to be detonated inside a bunker. Instead it detonated in a cottage. Most of the pressure escaped thus; Hitler lived.)

If you're looking for a marketplace bombing or whatever, shrapnel is your friend. You should still have a strong blast but it only serves to spread the shrapnell around.

Heavy steel beads or nails, projected at chest level in a 360 degree cicrle can pass through multiple people.

Another method is to direct blasts. For example, if your targets are in a square, place the IED at one of the corners of the square where thick walls are. The walls will serve to direct the blast towards the square. If you have multiple of those, coming from opposite angles, the blast yield will be increased. If you add shrapnell projected towards the square, you can make an pound of black powder into a wholesale massacre.

Source: Iraq + My nephew nearly got killed by a roadside IED.