I'll be taking my GED test this Saturday.

MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
What should I be expecting? I've got a few friends that have taken it and everyone says it's easy as hell. I'm not a dumb person by any means, the only thing I can think of that will be difficult on the test will be the math portion. What sort of math should I be expecting on the test? Basic math is easy as hell to me, like adding/subtraction/multiplication/division/graphs, all that jazz. The science part also has me a little scared. I'm going to study up on algebra and other various maths before I take the test.

So yeah, anyone here that is familiar with the GED test let me know what you remember from it please.

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    www.khanacademy.org

Learn all your math there. It's free videos from a really smart guy.

The GED is a normal test. If you know some basic shit, you'll be fine.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited August 2010
    I just looked at what the math portion will consist of and it all looks pretty simple, plus they give you a formula sheet so that will help tremendously. I'll be taking adderall for the test also so there's an advantage.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    I took the GED a couple of years ago and it was incredibly easy. I scored above average on all except math which I scored average on. I wish I'd had a bit of speed to take before but it still worked out. You'll do fine, especially if you're studying. I didn't study at all and hadn't been in school for 3 years before taking it.
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited August 2010
    You should be expecting a simple test, any half-wit could pass
    edited August 2010
    I'm at the testing place now, and so far I've finished math, reading, writing, and science. Just social studies left. I know everyone said this thing was easy, but goddamn its literally funny how fucking easy it is. I'm having a good laugh listening to the other people who are also taking the test talk about it being difficult while we have a smoke. Needless to say, most of them are black
  • OnTheFringeOnTheFringe Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Ah, the Good Enough Diploma
    edited August 2010
    I just got my results back for everything other than Language Arts because they haven't graded the essay yet, but I don't completely understand how well/how bad I did? The scoring system is a little unclear to me.

Right now I know that I have:
    Social Studies - 630
    Science - 610
    Reading - 620
    Math - 520

I guess that's good? Somewhere it says the average score is 450...Idk.