Unlistened Music

edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
So, according to my iTunes, I have 6629 songs which I have not yet listened to. That's quite a lot, really. I mean, some of them have been listened to at some point in my life, just not through iTunes.

Anyway, I took all of these songs, put them in a playlist, and I'm going to attempt to listen to every single one of them. There's some serious crap in here.

Comments

• RuptureRupture Regular
    edited August 2010
    Lol iTunes.
  • edited August 2010
    Lol does it say how long it will take (Days, hours, minutes, seconds)?

Well, I just deleted 40 songs from the list as I've listened to them over the past couple days. Right now there is...

21 days, 16 hours, 11 minutes and 5 seconds remaining.

Fuck.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    lmao I have like 117 days worth of music. Once you get past 250 gb then you can complain about having lots of music you've never listened to.
  • edited August 2010
    Yesterday managed to kill 8 hours of it, but there's still a fuck ton left. Its pretty interesting though, hearing a few songs that I haven't listened to before.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    I only keep music that I listen to and if I don't like something, I delete it.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2010
    How do you get the ones you have yet to listen to? Sort by play count and see the ones with a blank?

My music total is 39.6 days worth (74.52GB)
    Just got "High Hopes" on by Pink Floyd :D
  • edited August 2010
    RemadE wrote: »
    How do you get the ones you have yet to listen to? Sort by play count and see the ones with a blank?

My music total is 39.6 days worth (74.52GB)
    Just got "High Hopes" on by Pink Floyd :D

Yeah, that's how I did it. Then I just copied all the unlistened stuff into a separate playlist, and I'm deleting them from it as I go along.
    edited August 2010
    I installed a new hard drive about a year ago, and for some reason it reset my itunes even though i copied everything over. Kinda sucked losing my play count. I'd like to use a different player, but I haven't found one that looks as good or is as simple for organizing my 250+ gig collection.
  • edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I installed a new hard drive about a year ago, and for some reason it reset my itunes even though i copied everything over. Kinda sucked losing my play count. I'd like to use a different player, but I haven't found one that looks as good or is as simple for organizing my 250+ gig collection.

That sucks man :( Same thing happened to me many times, which is why I have so much unlistened stuff on here.

I even copied the Itunes library file over, to no avail :(
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    That sucks man :( Same thing happened to me many times, which is why I have so much unlistened stuff on here.

I even copied the Itunes library file over, to no avail :(

I copied the library one and all my prefs I think, but it didn't work. I dunno wtf the problem was, but it's not really a big deal in the end. It does make it more difficult to find the songs I like to listen to a lot, though.
  • BaconPieBaconPie Regular
    edited August 2010
    Does no one else use shuffle?
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010
    I have about 2 days of untitled music in my itunes, no idea what the hell it could be. Also got a lot of music I've never listened to because I download stuff for friends and it ends up on itunes. I definitely will not be listening to hardcore dance anthems or bonkers 8 through to 15 anytime soon.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I'd like to use a different player, but I haven't found one that looks as good or is as simple for organizing my 250+ gig collection.

Have you tried Mediamonkey? It's the best music player I've ever used.
    edited August 2010
    My music is on my mac, sadly, so my options are fairly limited.
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited August 2010
    fuck itunes. also, hoarding audio like some kind of internet rodent in preperartion for "the end" has always been my policy.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    ScuD wrote: »
    fuck itunes. also, hoarding audio like some kind of internet rodent in preperartion for "the end" has always been my policy.

The end is already here:

miley-cyrus-jobros-grammys.jpg
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    The end is already here:

miley-cyrus-jobros-grammys.jpg

:sad: clearly im in denial and your upsetting my delicate mental state.

okay so marry fuck kill

i'd fuck the jonas brothers
    kill bieber
    and marry miley...

wait, i'd fuck one of the jonas brothers and kill the other 2, and get smashed and make a complete ass of myself at the cyrus bieber wedding.