Uh... guys...

NamasteNamaste Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Why are there like 161 people viewing Sex and Affection... why are there like 174 guests online right now?

I am confused, and this seems really weird.

(And if you're a guest and reading this, sign the fuck up already. :angry:)

But seriously, someone explain. I have an inkling it's part of one of DFG's plots to bring more traffic to the site or whatever, but like why SO many people in one place?

I'm just kind of curious, so I thought I'd ask...

Comments

• angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited September 2010
    bots, bots everywhere
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited September 2010
    angryonion wrote: »
    bots, bots everywhere

Oh... probably should have thought about that.

Dang. That's LAME. =/
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited September 2010
    Most are probably bots but many are real users and thats all that matters. We beat our "most users online" record today by going from 136 to 196 (or something like that). IMO it's all of the twittering and redditing that's giving us so much attention.

I figured it might be something like that. So I just thought I'd ask about it.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    Bots are a good thing. Bots will bring more actual people in time. We're growing very fast and I for one am excited.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Most are probably bots but many are real users and thats all that matters. We beat our "most users online" record today by going from 136 to 196 (or something like that). IMO it's all of the twittering and redditing that's giving us so much attention.

5char
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    My thread has over 4600 views. It's brought shittons of traffic. We broke our most users online record again, it's up to 213 now.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    5223 views now.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited September 2010
    I've been "Liking" threads on StumbleUpon that I've felt were worthy.. but I don't think it's really helping.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    We've just gotta stick with it. This site is still young as shit and while a lot of those are no doubt bots theres gotta be some real people in there. To me it seems like lately we've been coming out of that slump. It seems more active lately.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited September 2010
    I ALMOST want to get a twitter or reddit account... ALMOST. I've aquired too many family members on my facebook account for me to want to post links to totse :(.
  • edited September 2010
    duuude wrote: »
    I've been "Liking" threads on StumbleUpon that I've felt were worthy.. but I don't think it's really helping.

EVERY little thing will help a bit. Who knows, someone might just happen to see the page and come visit :D
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    EVERY little thing will help a bit. Who knows, someone might just happen to see the page and come visit :D
    Who knows? Maybe TWO of his friends will visit and join, then two of THEIR friends EACH will visit and join, et cetera.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    I ALMOST want to get a twitter or reddit account... ALMOST. I've aquired too many family members on my facebook account for me to want to post links to totse :(.

I went for something different and made a Totse blog on a gaming website :o

I have 10 followers and an average of 68 page views a day :sad:

http://people.ign.com/Totse.info
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    FTR Reddit bring real users and twitter brings link bots. You're seeing real users lurking Totse.
  • CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited September 2010
    They are all rapist, cops or rapist-cops.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited September 2010
    Caesar wrote: »
    They are all rapist, cops or rapist-cops.

I originally thought you said "racist" instead of rapist. And I was going to say "no need to say cops AND racist cops, as i'm pretty sure ALL crops are racist. Yes even the black and Hispanic ones :o"
  • CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited September 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    I originally thought you said "racist" instead of rapist. And I was going to say "no need to say cops AND racist cops, as i'm pretty sure ALL crops are racist. Yes even the black and Hispanic ones :o"

When I think about it "Rapist" is also implied when you say cop...