The How-to/Guide Fest

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Who would have thought these two simple prefixes would generate so much content? Its only been 4 days since the prefixes were implemented and we already have 26 How-tos, and 17 Guides :eek:

Good work Totse, you each get a star.

Free_Avatar__Sparkle_Star_by_FantasyStock.gif

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Yes, good work everybody. Also, somebody make a post here: http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=4752 It's cold and all alone :o
    edited September 2010
    I would but i'm not smart enough to understand any of it:(

That's what I was afraid of :o

It's also quite boring if you're not the geeky type :p
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    I wrote 3 today!! Keep it up totse!
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    I would but i'm not smart enough to understand any of it:(

Same here *wooshes over head*
  • edited September 2010
    It's definitely working! The real test will be when we're all tired out from writing guides, and we need new users to sign up and write them for us. Hopefully we can encourage them to write guides somehow. :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I was busy editing the guides and posting links here and there :). Didn't have time to write my own guides but I am not worried.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited September 2010
    It seems to have brought us a few extra lurkers. Good work guys.:)
    However, it'd be nice to:
    a) see more guides on more complex subjects
    b) see more original content
  • edited September 2010
    It seems to have brought us a few extra lurkers. Good work guys.:)
    However, it'd be nice to:
    a) see more guides on more complex subjects
    b) see more original content

Yeah, we're gonna need some really solid information soon. Obviously these other guides are fantastic too, but to tickle everyone's fancy, we should probably start getting some more hardcore information :D

(Don't stop with the other guides though, they're fantastic and are making me happy :D)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Btw fanglekai guide about Unhooking a bra is the WINNER today :) 2000+ Views. Keep it up guys.
    edited September 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Btw fanglekai guide about Unhooking a bra is the WINNER today :) 2000+ Views. Keep it up guys.

It's at 5223 views right now, has 51 comments on reddit. S&A has had over 130 people viewing it at once. We actually broke our most users online record because of that thread. Holy shit. Reddit fucking works.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited September 2010
    I will cherish that star forever. O_O

No, but seriously, for whatever reason, that really amuses me.
    edited September 2010
    Big congrats to Fangly for his hard work :thumbsup:
    edited September 2010
    It was the last guide I made yesterday. I didn't think it would be that popular :confused:
    edited September 2010
    edited September 2010
    Great idea! Write it. Or else I will :p
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    It was the last guide I made yesterday. I didn't think it would be that popular :confused:

Well, I reddit that thread in a different category and it worked. I am doing this to ever new Guide from now on.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited September 2010
    I was actually pretty surprised at how well this worked. I'd facebook link to totse, but I'm a little ashamed of some of the things I post here, on top of some of the things being too revealing into my SIRL activites.
    edited September 2010
    I can't believe it got over 6000 views since last night. I'm sure most of those were bots, but that's a lot of traffic.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I can't believe it got over 6000 views since last night. I'm sure most of those were bots, but that's a lot of traffic.
    We need a good bomb making guide now. I don't know if I can handle a bunch of virgi... Oh wait, totse, that's right.

Good thread, kai :thumbsup:
  • edited September 2010
    I'd Facebook to &T as well, but I really don't want my friends on here. Or knowing that I'm on the site, for that matter.
    edited September 2010
    bra.png

It's the second most popular one on what's hot on reddit for sex.
    edited September 2010
    Half the joy of &T for me is anonymity. It'd be nice to have some of my friends here to troll, but they could probably recognize me if they dug a bit.

From now on, my real name is Jarls Borgrensenwurbenflag. I live on my own island off the coast of Norway.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Half the joy of &T for me is anonymity. It'd be nice to have some of my friends here to troll, but they could probably recognize me if they dug a bit.

From now on, my real name is Jarls Borgrensenwurbenflag. I live on my own island off the coast of Norway.

I've been putting my name down as George Lucas....its the first thing I thought of :o
  • edited September 2010
    I think my name was something like.. Josh McNuggets, the last time someone on here asked.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    Since the "Let's Hear Your Accent" thread I've decided I'm Micheal Cera for that purpose.

Amazing/fantastic/outstanding fucking job fanglekai. Your guide delivered in so many ways.
    edited September 2010
    Now we need MOAR guides from the rest of you.