Hand Sanitizer

edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Anyone use that hand sanitizer stuff around here? I find it way easier than washing with soap and water, although the bad thing is - it kills around 99.9 % of bacteria, meaning that we won't develop our immune systems too well through touching your mouth.

Comments

• StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    I use hand sanitizer when available over washing my hands. I like how it dries quickly and some hand sanitizers taste pretty good.
  • edited September 2010
    I use hand sanitizer when available over washing my hands. I like how it dries quickly and some hand sanitizers taste pretty good.

Y'think? The one I have tastes like shit! It's like, alcohol, but really not nice alcohol.
    edited September 2010
    Definitely! Purel tastes good. I've eaten a quarter of one of those smaller bottles of it and would have finished the rest but had to share with my friend.
  • street carpstreet carp Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    Alcohol gel is not a replacement for soap and water :facepalm:
    edited September 2010
    Maybe not but it tastes a lot better.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I prefer soap :) or mud.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    I never wash my hands :o
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited September 2010
    He-Man germs... heheh.

But I do when need be. I don't do it frequently though as it dries out my skin, and excessive hand washing of any kind can actually be detrimental. What those things fail to tell you is they kill 99.9% of the GOOD bacteria on your hands as well.

I never use it as a substitute to hand-washing, though. My skin dries out too easily, and that stuff smells horrible.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited September 2010
    do you really drink hand sanitizer to get drunk? thats fucking crazy man
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    do you really drink hand sanitizer to get drunk? thats fucking crazy man

Ive done this before. It tastes terrible but it will work if you can keep it down. Most are just pure alcohol with some fragrance stuff in it. More on topic though I think we as a society actually over clean ourselves. hygiene is good but people that constantly use hand sanitizer and stuff aren't doing any good for there immune systems.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited September 2010
    Nope. I'm not a paranoid germ Nazi.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited September 2010
    When I saw them talking on The Doctors about how hand sanitizers can be dangerous because of the alcohol content, I laughed, because I never thought anyone would be that stupid. But &T never fails to prove me completely and utterly wrong about everything...
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    You're supposed to say totse, not &T, newfag.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    You're supposed to say totse, not &T, newfag.

Uh... is there some kind of rule?
    If not, then why?
    I can call it whatever I'll want. I can refer to the site as bob if I want to, but then people wouldn't know what I was talking about. with &T, they'll know, so... yeah...

But if I could make calling totse "bob" a thing where people would understand what I meant, then that's what I would call it.

And "newfag" implies I'm new... :confused:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    ^Rule 1 & 2 of the revised list of Internet Rules.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    ^ we really should make our own rules of the internet (mostly totse related rules) and pwn those faggy old school rules of the internet.

I fully support this idea:thumbsup: Namaste here the rules of the internet.

rules.jpg.jpg?1260852319
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited September 2010
    I dont trust that shit :mad:

in order of preference: water>napkin>nothing>hand sanitizer
  • McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Anyone use that hand sanitizer stuff around here? I find it way easier than washing with soap and water, although the bad thing is - it kills around 99.9 % of bacteria, meaning that we won't develop our immune systems too well through touching your mouth.

And the 0.01% that survives lives on and multiplies, until there are colonies of resistant strains..... :O

Plus killing them is mean, what did bacteria ever do to you? :mad: