Recommend me

jaconjacon Acolyte
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
With the hardware update, looks like the Xbox 360 stopped overheating and RRoDing everyone.
The PS3 has blue-ray.

Since I finally have the money to buy one of them, which one would you recommend and why?

Comments

• kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited September 2010
    Xbox because I have one and that is it...

To be honest you'll have to see which exclusives you prefer and what your friends have if that is your thing..
    And then weigh up the strengths and weakness of both.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    What kfc said.

I have a PS3, but whatever console you get really depends on you.

I can't speak for the Xbox because I've never owned one, but I do love my PS3 and have gotten my moneys worth out of it. If I'm not playing games on it, I'll be watching movies (downloaded, blu-ray, dvd.) If I'm not watching movies I'll be playing music, if I'm not playing music I'll be using the web browser (which is kind of shitty tbh.) And if I'm not on the web browser, I'll be on Totse posting on how much I use my PS3 :p

Heres a pretty new link about the hardware that may be of some help.

What do you want to get out of your console? How often will you use it online? What sort of games do you like?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    I've owned both a PS3 and an Xbox 360. Currently I have the PS3. I traded in my 360 for it. My favourite thing about PS3 is you don't have to pay for the online features. After having both I cant say it was a bad decision to get the PS3 you get exclusives like MGS4 and Uncharted. I really miss the mass effect games from the 360 though. It really depends on what exclusives you prefer and if your willing to pay to play online. In the end I recommend PS3. Whatever you do dont even consider the wii.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited September 2010
    I've owned both, and I just like the 360 interface a bit more, but that's personal opinion speaking.

In terms of games, it's just whether you prefer the PS3 lineup (MGS, Killzone, Uncharted) over the 360 lineup (Gears, Halo, Fable). But regardless, most good games nowadays are released on both consoles, because it'd be financially stupid to adhere to one console unless you're bound by contract. So Fallout's on both, Call of Duty is on both, etc.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2010
    Keep saving up money and buy a PC.

Best move you'll ever make.
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited September 2010
    Keep saving up money and buy a PC.

Best move you'll ever make.

PC's are obsolete 2 months after you buy them because of the rate of new technology. Look at the exclusives for 360 and ps3 and just pick the one with more games you like.
  • edited September 2010
    Panic! wrote: »
    PC's are obsolete 2 months after you buy them because of the rate of new technology. Look at the exclusives for 360 and ps3 and just pick the one with more games you like.

Not true.

Build yourself a good PC, and you're set for a while. I built this one last year, and it's still able to run whatever I throw at it.

Anyway, I'd say PS3, just because of their all-round greatness.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited September 2010
    I have a 360, but have access to a Wii and PS3 when needed. The main thing is to look at the game titles. I think the PS3 has more 'exclusives' in the sense that most 360 exclusives are also on the PC, but the 360 would have more if youre talking about consoles only.

Uncharted 1 and 2; MGS4 and Resistance 1 are pretty fun games. I didnt like the new God of War, personally. For the 360, youve got mass effect 1 (2 shall be release later on both consoles), crackdown and gears. In addition, one of my most commonly played games is Perfect Dark, downloaded from the arcade.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited September 2010
    PC. Why? it has game mods, states Rolf.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited September 2010
    My favourite thing about PS3 is you don't have to pay for the online features.

This.
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited September 2010
    The Xbox is considered to be the best when it comes to multiplats. As to why, I have no clue.
    They've both got their own benefits (Mass Effect 1, Halo series, GOW 2 and 3 for xbox, Uncharted 1 and 2, mag, killzone, resistance etc for ps3) and each their own flaws (Project Natal, xbox live, Sony Move, etc).
    shit, ill post more later.