So... Can someone explain...

CompactCompact Semo-Regulars
edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
What's going on here? Why did this all happen? Did shit go down at Zoklet?

Comments

• LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    As far as I know this started as a side project a long time ago that recently came to fruitition. Not quite sure on the accuracy, but it couldn't have taken any less then months of work to get this site to where it is now just knowing how cluster fucked the Totse database probably was.

I think this sums it up best as far as the whole "split" is concerned, which I don't think there even is one to be honest.
    Yggdrasil wrote: »
    What happened was, it seems like DaGuru's only IRL friend finally told him to chomp dicks, so given his newfound solitude in the last two weeks he's taken to feverishly rant about how what are mostly inflammatory lies and rabble-rousing bullshit aimed at this site. Some users have also been buying into his sentiments, and the ball rolled a bit. Then recently someone put up a new forum that's pretty much a functioning mirror of Totse. Vnoberto made a thread about the site, and those disgruntled users started congregating in there and talking.

In the meantime, back in M&A and in public Dfg had been expressing slight at this site for a while now. Simply put he didn't want to be moderating here anymore, and there were already plans in place to take him out of his forums for new mods in time.

Well, while the thread Vnoberto posted was up and the users in there were chatting, Dfg joined in and expressed interest in joining the new site as well. Fish noticed this and took it to mean that Dfg had thrown in the towel, and figured this was as good a time as any to demod him. Mandy, a supermod, carried this out, but the way in which the demodding was handled was fumbled, and Dfg received no explanation. From there shit hit the fan, and everyone started chiming in on how Zoklet was going to hell. Things have cooled slightly.

That's a pretty good recap, and I don't mean to be biased if I am. Dfg is a cool cat in my book, and I pm'ed him about his demodding and had a quaint chat with him.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't know, I saw totse.info in 4J's sig or something on zoklet last week. Nothing huge went down on zoklet, although Dfg was demodded without a word after stickying a thread about this site. The zoklet politburo claims it had nothing to do with totse.info, but also says the stickied thread played a part in his immediate dismissal as a mod.

Really this site just showed up at the right time. The zoklet dam finally broke, or at the very least sprung a huge fucking leak, and this is where everything it was holding back ends up.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Basically what LSA King and HTS-Noob said.

Right now we're trying to find a common ground and move forward. The aim is not to fight but focus on making Totse better than before.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    I don't know, I saw totse.info in 4J's sig or something on zoklet last week. Nothing huge went down on zoklet, although Dfg was demodded without a word after stickying a thread about this site. The zoklet politburo claims it had nothing to do with totse.info, but also says the stickied thread played a part in his immediate dismissal as a mod.

Really this site just showed up at the right time. The zoklet dam finally broke, or at the very least sprung a huge fucking leak, and this is where everything it was holding back ends up.

Yeah I saw it in his "Where I'm from" and whoolah. Liked what I saw. I still wonder what happened with Greyfox and the drama behind that.
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Right now we're trying to find a common ground and move forward. The aim is not to fight but focus on making Totse better than before.

Init, we need a united userbase, united leadership, and a united userbase and leadership.

This place will succeed where the others failed.

It helps majorly that wires isn't here. She epitomised all of what was wrong with Zoklet.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    We don't really need leadership, in a sense that we can be self-sufficient as a community. Something like Project Mayhem without a dead Bob.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    reject wrote: »
    Init, we need a united userbase, united leadership, and a united userbase and leadership.

This place will succeed where the others failed.

It helps majorly that wires isn't here. She epitomised all of what was wrong with Zoklet.

She does contribute more than me.

:eek:
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wires contributes about as much as your average poster does on Zoklet. Which isn't much. She only got moderator status because she e-blows Zok.
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    She does contribute more than me.

:eek:

Well, I'm off.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Vizier wrote: »
    We don't really need leadership, in a sense that we can be self-sufficient as a community. Something like Project Mayhem without a dead Bob.

Agreed, IMHO we're all leaders leading each other towards a better future.
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    Unity is needed, however the Zoklet politburo stance on this new community is not favorable. Most of the threads about it have been closed, and there is a lot of debate whether we will be a thriving community or not. I know there are a lot of war mongers out there who want to fuck up Zoklet (me included) however the best stance is to put down our arms and unite (which I am now in favor of).

The only people impeding the unification of Totse are the Zoklet higher ups.
  • ShutMeUpShutMeUp Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    meta wrote: »
    Unity is needed, however the Zoklet politburo stance on this new community is not favorable. Most of the threads about it have been closed, and there is a lot of debate whether we will be a thriving community or not. I know there are a lot of war mongers out there who want to fuck up Zoklet (me included) however the best stance is to put down our arms and unite (which I am now in favor of).

The only people impeding the unification of Totse are the Zoklet higher ups.

this is absolutely stupid. I can tell you myself that none of the higher-ups at Zoklet have a problem with this place. the thing we do have a problem with, however, is the spamming of totse.info (including the +1 posts in the totse.info thread which Zok, Mandy, wires, Fish, and a bunch of the people you claim are "impeding", have posted in, expressing their neutral stance :rolleyes:). the promotion of sites (any sites, not just this one) is kept to Lol Internet, it's as simple as that. the reason the thread was moved to BC was because it had became a post-count thread and no discussion was really happening. we're fine with this site, we just don't like the spamming of threads, posts, visitor messages, PMs (it makes no difference that this is a Totse clone the promotion of ANY website in that manner that consitutes as spam)
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    I new something was off about wires way back on the original totse. I was making comics, making fun of everybody (including myself), but wires was the only one who was offended. She can't take a joke.
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    I new something was off about wires way back on the original totse. I was making comics, making fun of everybody (including myself), but wires was the only one who was offended. She can't take a joke.

Yea, really. I was (trying) to talk to her the other day on IRC, and she was just being bitchy. I've never said one word to/about her before, and suddenly she's just a cunt. She needs a good dicking, no wonder Snoopy wants to rape her. Maybe she'll chill for once.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »

No kidding. I asked her how much it cost to pee in her mouth, and she infracted me 3 times then permabanned me.
  • HippieTrippieHippieTrippie Regular
    edited July 2010
    As for Yggdrasil's post up there, It wasn't just DaGuru spouting hate at Zok and a bunch of lemmings following him. I hadn't seen a good full thread on Zoklet since 09. Only about 1 in 10 even have any potential for good solid discussion. I left because Zoklet held no substance for me, and for the users trying to build/fix it that weren't part of Zok's confidants and long time mods there was no progress to be had.
  • monotonedmonotoned Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    No kidding. I asked her how much it cost to pee in her mouth, and she infracted me 3 times then permabanned me.

well did you get to pee in her mouth?