Stealing from churches

ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
The church I went to when I was younger was very small, but they still managed to haul in at least $1000 in offerings every week. Do your research and then target the church that rakes in the most money, they have the amounts in their bulletins.

Just do a little surveillance to find out where they put the money after they take it up. Then breaking in shouldn't be much of a problem, because churches usually have little security. It usually goes in a safe though so bring the usual safecracking tools, if your surveillance suggests that they do.

If you're any good at sleight of hand you could be able to take money right out of the offering tray when they're passing it around. Sit in the back, so nobody behind you can see you. Really depends on the church though.

People also seem to feel pretty safe about their possessions in church. SWIM used to pocket valuables all the time from unsuspecting church goers.

Robbing banks is a thing of the past, move on to churches folks.

(pretty much copied from my post in a thread on &Z. Added some stuff though.)

Comments

• edited July 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    The church I went to when I was younger was very small, but they still managed to haul in at least $1000 in offerings every week. Do your research and then target the church that rakes in the most money, they have the amounts in their bulletins.

Just do a little surveillance to find out where they put the money after they take it up. Then breaking in shouldn't be much of a problem, because churches usually have little security. It usually goes in a safe though so bring the usual safecracking tools, if your surveillance suggests that they do.

If you're any good at sleight of hand you could be able to take money right out of the offering tray when they're passing it around. Sit in the back, so nobody behind you can see you. Really depends on the church though.

People also seem to feel pretty safe about their possessions in church. SWIM used to pocket valuables all the time from unsuspecting church goers.

Robbing banks is a thing of the past, move on to churches folks.

(pretty much copied from my post in a thread on &Z. Added some stuff though.)

I admire the simplicity and audacity of this plan.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    Somebody's been watching first sunday:p
  • monotonedmonotoned Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Awesome idea.
    People who are stupid enough to give their money to churches deserves to get it stolen.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2010
    this is a bad idea if ive ever seen one. the plan is nice and simple though i like it. SWIM needs a new phone and SWIM might know where to find one now
  • edited July 2010
    That's pretty awesome. There's a church nearby me as well, maybe there is some "shopping" to be done.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
    I've broken into a church before, but it was after a long binge of drinking and MDMA.

I won't tell the whole story since it's long, but we found a window around back and just had to pry it open and we were in. They had NO security at all as far as cameras or alarms, just locks on doors/windows.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Just remember to leave a note saying 'Don't worry Jesus will refund you.'
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Just remember to leave a note saying 'Don't worry Jesus will refund you.'

I giggled.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Can't replicate this when it comes to Mosques. Only people going in churches in Pakistan are poor folks. Dammit.
  • TheVillenTheVillen Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    You can give me my credit for coming up with this idea, please and thank you. Not that I really care about copyrights.
  • StaplesStaples Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't really steal anymore, but I see no difference between stealing from a church and stealing from a home depot.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    TheVillen wrote: »
    You can give me my credit for coming up with this idea, please and thank you. Not that I really care about copyrights.
    You can keep thinking that if you like but I've had the idea in my head ever since I was 11 when at the time I was being forced to go to church. Your thread on Zoklet wasn't even the first time I've posted something about stealing from a church on a forum. I made a thread on the .com version of the militia in 2007 about how somebody who isn't me managed to steal some items from people at church. You're not the first person to ever think of this, and I doubt I am too.
  • TheVillenTheVillen Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    I know neither of us thought up the idea "first", there isn’t one original thought to date that someone hadn’t previously conceived of, but taking money from the tray and stealing from church goers is completely different than breaking into a safe, you yourself mentioned breaking in at night to open an unguarded safe, almost word for word what I said. I don’t really care though, I just wanted to clarify the difference.
  • grayboygrayboy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Quality mate, show those hypocriticial Christian twats....