I quit smoking

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
And switched to Dip. I used dip for months and Im not sure why I switched back to smoking. Copenhagen easily kicks the ass of any cigarette brand. It tastes good and has much more nicotine than cigs so it actually has an effect. I currently have absolutely no desire to smoke and my lungs will thank me for this. Anyone else here use smokless tobacco?

Comments

• stresstres Regular
    edited September 2010
    I just kicked the habit too. A month from my last cigarette (almost 3 year addiction daily). It's actually not as difficult as I thought it would be as I have tried to quit 3 times in the past and used a variety of methods, including nicotine replacement and all failed. Nicotine isn't as bad as anybody thinks, the starvation like craving doesn't last and the only real hurdle is reconditioning yourself to accept that you are, in fact, a non-smoker.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited September 2010
    I never could get into dipping. Nearly ever nicotine addict int he army dipped including smokers. I can't stand the taste and consistency of that shit in my mouth. I tried dipping a couple of times a day for about a month and it just never took hold with me. Don't know how you do it.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    I never could get into dipping. Nearly ever nicotine addict int he army dipped including smokers. I can't stand the taste and consistency of that shit in my mouth. I tried dipping a couple of times a day for about a month and it just never took hold with me. Don't know how you do it.

When I first tried it I couldn't get into the consistency either. Getting long cut helps even though its still finely shredded. Did you ever try getting the stuff in the pouch or try redman?
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    I like cigars every so often. They don't make me feel addicted and I don't crave them ever, despite the really high nicotine content.
  • edited September 2010
    I really would like to try smoking a cigar (never actually had the time/energy to actually buy one), or even dipping. Can anyone suggest something nice for a newbie? :D
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    I really would like to try smoking a cigar (never actually had the time/energy to actually buy one), or even dipping. Can anyone suggest something nice for a newbie? :D

I cant really help you with cigars I just smoke whatevers around. As far as dip goes Skoal is pretty good for someone just starting out. Skoal also has a ton of different flavors which is cool.
  • edited September 2010
    Sounds great. Recommend a flavor too? :D
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Sounds great. Recommend a flavor too? :D

It really depends on the person I usually go with straight but Wintergreen Skoal tastes awesome. They also have various citrus flavors but if your a real man you'll go with straight or wintergreen:D
  • edited September 2010
    Fuck I really feel like a cig now reading this
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited September 2010
    Dip sucks
    edited September 2010
    Panic! wrote: »
    Dip sucks

Your just not man enough for dip:o:o:o
  • PopePope Regular
    edited September 2010
    cigars are easy, I could give you advice, but it wouldnt be as good as going to a seasoned cigar seller. Personally I just buy what appeals to me in the store.

Try going with something in the 9 dollar range to start off with, and try which ones to see what you like.

There is no perfect cigar, only perfect cigars.

That means your perfect cigar is different from someone else's, and you have to find it on your own.

as for me, my favorite is a 1961 rocky patel torpedo

outside the us, any cuban cohiba torpedo is a good time
    edited September 2010
    Pope wrote: »
    cigars are easy, I could give you advice, but it wouldnt be as good as going to a seasoned cigar seller. Personally I just buy what appeals to me in the store.

Try going with something in the 9 dollar range to start off with, and try which ones to see what you like.

There is no perfect cigar, only perfect cigars.

That means your perfect cigar is different from someone else's, and you have to find it on your own.

as for me, my favorite is a 1961 rocky patel torpedo

outside the us, any cuban cohiba torpedo is a good time

This is true. Rocky Patel makes some great cigars. Torpedo is probably my favorite shape too. I plan on writing a cigar guide at some point, but I'm busy as fuck this week.
  • edited September 2010
    I tried chewing tobacco before. I didn't like it and it makes a big mess. I'm sticking with cigs :D
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited September 2010
    your lungs may thank you, but have fun with lip/gum cancer.
    edited September 2010
    your lungs may thank you, but have fun with lip/gum cancer.

This is true. Tobacco in general is a bad idea.
    edited September 2010
    Yeah but the risk of getting mouth cancer is far less than lung cancer from cig's. It's also easily survivable if caught early. Plus Im not to worried about lung cancer my problem was just that it killed my breathing.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I don't smoke [never did :D] but Raven does smoke a lot. At first he used to smoke some packs a week but after two years he still smokes but he limited to one or two smokes a week. He only smokes because he is frustrated most of the time and he is under great stress. He is kinda like my bro, so I am helping him cope with the problem.

Seriously smoking is a killer. If you're living in Pakistan smoking just kills you faster. The reason is simple, Pakistan cities are unmonitored and their pollution levels are quite high. With lack of tree plantation you're already smoking a pack without ever touching a single smoke.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited September 2010
    i mean this in the nicest way DFG, but Pakistan sounds like a shithole. Why do you stay there?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    i mean this in the nicest way DFG, but Pakistan sounds like a shithole. Why do you stay there?

It's a shithole, no matter what ever way you say it. It will remain a shithole. It's fact now.

I live there because of my family. Muslims have a close knit family and you're kinda required to support your parents when you're capable of working. I will leave Pakistan but for that I have to be EPIC. That will take some time. Totse is the first step :D.
  • edited September 2010
    So did I