Do even good memory's make you depressed?

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
You ever hear a song or some other trigger that brings back great memory's of the past and you get depressed as hell remembering it and knowing those days are gone? I had that today and had it often. Usually its the best memory's that make me the saddest knowing there gone and you cant re live it. It sucks because people say to keep good memory's but they make me the saddest. It's like thebest memory make up the sad thoughts of tomorrow. Anyone else have this? (end emo sounding rant). And yes I just made totse my blog so stfu.:o:o

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah definitely for the reason you said. Whenever I hear N'Sync's It's Gonna Be Me, I think of camping back in grade 7 cause it was playing on the last night there. How those were more carefree days :( Really anything that reminds me of childhood's freedom from worry makes me sad :(:(:(:(

But as I've said, memories were made to be forgotten :(
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    Nostalgia sucks, but we must live in the present, for it is the only part of our lives that is real.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Yeah definitely for the reason you said. Whenever I hear N'Sync's It's Gonna Be Me, I think of camping back in grade 7 cause it was playing on the last night there. How those were more carefree days :( Really anything that reminds me of childhood's freedom from worry makes me sad :(:(:(:(

Exactly It's fucked up when your young you cant wait to get older then when your older you long for the day's of before. Now every year just goes by faster and faster.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    Yup I know what you mean. Early 2000s' songs always remind me of a carefree life. Ones where you would get drunk every night with some of the best friends you'll ever meet. I think it was when high school split up and everyone went off in their own direction, that everything got dull picture.php?albumid=293&pictureid=1639

/omglifeisover
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, it happens. Not much you can do about the past though...
  • edited September 2010
    yeah, I've felt that before... what sucks even more is sad memories dont make me sad because I'm kind of like "oh well glad that's over"

everything's all flipped over and upside down! :(
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't remember much, but I always looked forward to Fridays after work and smoking various drugs with friends. I wish I could go back and do it all again. Of well, now I have too much responsibility, and it looks like I need to teach the new boss as of Monday the way to run the sort at work, as well as how to drive a switcher (tractor trailer) and how to drive "vans" and straight trucks.
  • edited September 2010
    Fuck man, so many memories flood back to me when I think about it. I hate it, and yeah it makes me depressed thinking about how awesome things used to be.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited September 2010
    yeahman it's fucking horrible. You've just gotta get the right outlook though.. times a changin, there's not much you can do about it, just distract yourself by living your life to the fullest now. That's the only way I can treat my depressing thoughts, making the now greater than the past
  • edited September 2010
    I usually think "well, that was the past to this present. So this present will be the past to the future, so you might as well make the most of it now. You're gonna miss it in the future :D"

If that made any sense at all.
  • Professor ElmProfessor Elm Regular
    edited September 2010
    I do on the odd occasion but I share the same mindset as Trx and get over it pretty quickly. Not the same for everyone though, I imagine.
  • edited September 2010
    I just find that it really sucks when you see your life going away every single day :(
  • edited September 2010
    the average human live 25000 days. If you are 20 you already spent around 7300 of them.

Have a nice day.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited September 2010
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited September 2010
    :( Some bitch in 7th grade made fun of me for smiling too much. Haters gonna hate. Now I don't wanna be around people anymore.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited September 2010
    It makes me really happy to remember those memories and know I did what I did in that time and to think that a song could take me back to those memories
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    I have good memories from Totse back in the day that are happy but make me sad.

My earliest totse memory's always take me back to the days of trying to get high off various household items and a bunch of different ethnobotanicalsl with varying degrees of success and some instances of total fail/retardation.
  • edited September 2010
    the average human live 25000 days. If you are 20 you already spent around 7300 of them.

Have a nice day.

Fuck you and your statistics. I wanna live forever :(