re: Cannabis Addiction

ObbeObbe Regular
edited September 2010 in Man Cave
Now before you assume what this thread is about or what my opinion is, watch this:

Now, I smoke weed several times everyday, and I don't see any problems with that. But after watching this I can't help but wonder if doing so is something similar to a young kid sucking on their thumb.

That one is damn interesting too.

After watching these videos, what do you have to say?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I can understand where he comes from in his evaluation of the psychedelic and psychological effects of Cannabis use. The thing is though most, if not all (it would actually be unhealthy to lack a release), people use a crutch or pacification. Some people watch television, many socialize, yet still some even turn to chemical facilitation. The thing is though, Cannabis won't help me to feel better if I don't want to; in fact it can sometimes make matters worse. He is right about the predisposition of a person being proportionate to the subjective effect imo. Another thing he did not address is its physiological use. If not for Cannabis, I could not stomach a meal in the first few hours of the morning and I have suffered before without it. So Cannabis, like the reality he describes revealed unto him by cannabis, is a multifaceted problem.
  • MiluardoMiluardo Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    I can understand where he comes from in his evaluation of the psychedelic and psychological effects of Cannabis use. The thing is though most, if not all (it would actually be unhealthy to lack a release), people use a crutch or pacification. Some people watch television, many socialize, yet still some even turn to chemical facilitation. The thing is though, Cannabis won't help me to feel better if I don't want to; in fact it can sometimes make matters worse. He is right about the predisposition of a person being proportionate to the subjective effect imo. Another thing he did not address is its physiological use. If not for Cannabis, I could not stomach a meal in the first few hours of the morning and I have suffered before without it. So Cannabis, like the reality he describes revealed unto him by cannabis, is a multifaceted problem.

Did you always have this problem? The eating in the morning thing? Or did it result AFTER cannabis use?

Mine resulted AFTER cannabis use, but the girl I'm seeing has the problem and has never been a habitual user.

I'm just curious.
    edited September 2010
    I can't help but wonder if doing so is something similar to a young kid sucking on their thumb.
    Well duh man haha. That's the case with a LOT of drug users.

As mentioned, this is the case with people in general too.

Many will eat candy, chew gum, play with their clothes or plants or hands. Some people will eat whole meals or stuff their face. Some will work out, watch TV, sit on a couch, eat chocolate, drive their car, tons of stuff.

I mean, I don't smoke cigarettes purely for pleasure, recreation, or prevention of withdrawl. I also smoke when I'm nervous, depressed, stressed, tired, too awake, hungry, full, blah blah. These are all generally crutch smokes.

Pot I smoke out of ritual and habituation. As well as when I'm having a bad day.
    edited September 2010
    I'm glad that this guy uses reason to explain his "addiction", i hate when people take one side and twist and turn the truth to better suit their argument.

Haha that's the most constructive 9min talk on pot addiction and it's effects, as well as the positive and negative outcomes. What I really liked is that he said he's already gotten the message. Which I have too.. but continue to smoke anyway.. even if it IS pacification.

BTW: I work in addictions, and this video has done more eye-opening for me than anything I've been presented at work haha.

He didn't even say much.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited September 2010
    Have fun being sober. :thumbsup:

More for me. :D
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited September 2010
    smoke weed everyday :hai:
  • edited September 2010
    Miluardo wrote: »
    Did you always have this problem? The eating in the morning thing? Or did it result AFTER cannabis use?

Mine resulted AFTER cannabis use, but the girl I'm seeing has the problem and has never been a habitual user.

I'm just curious.

I never really had a consistent appetite until I started smoking Cannabis (to quote my parents, "I had the stomach of a bird"), but I had no problems in the morning until after Cannabis. I can say with falter that it has helped me, but perhaps it is psychosomatic. I dunno. The phenomenon ought be looked into imo.
    edited September 2010
    I never really had a consistent appetite until I started smoking Cannabis (to quote my parents, "I had the stomach of a bird"), but I had no problems in the morning until after Cannabis. I can say with falter that it has helped me, but perhaps it is psychosomatic. I dunno. The phenomenon ought be looked into imo.

It would be hard to look into because of all the factors that could interfere with eating but it WOULD be interesting I think.

I've wondered what habitual smoking does in terms of overall eating patterns and desires.
    edited September 2010
    duuude wrote: »
    Have fun being sober. :thumbsup:

More for me. :D

Are you talking to me?

If so you smoke too much pot and it's making your shizoid. Thinking things are true when they aren't...

like me being sober?

and you somehow getting my weed.

Nigga betta recognize.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    It would be hard to look into because of all the factors that could interfere with eating but it WOULD be interesting I think.

Most definitely. It is a well known anti-emetic and appetite stimulant, so this kinda of phenomenon of the relation of anadamide and cannabinoids to morning appetite might reveal a relationship.

n terms of overall eating patterns and desires.

Me too.
    edited September 2010
    Most definitely. It is a well known anti-emetic and appetite stimulant, so this kinda of phenomenon of the relation of anadamide and cannabinoids to morning appetite might reveal a relationship.

Me too.

If I knew anything about the endogenous cannabinoid system and food... 5-HT provides a lot of appetite stimulation too in some areas too.

I'd imagine that because it's so crucial to life, that there might be many many ways of stimulating the desire or function of eating.