Minecraft - FREE TO PLAY WEEKEND

edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I know this is a little late, but whatever. Read this site, download the game for free.

http://minecraft.net/

Think of the remainder of this weekend as a legit free to try opportunity :D

Comments

• RuptureRupture Regular
    edited September 2010
    I seriously don't get the hype around minecraft. I mean, it looks like utter shit. Why would anyone want to play this?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    minecraft.jpg

Can someone please explain to me what minecraft is because like Rupture said it doesn't look to promising.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    There's no gameplay and it has shit graphics, but its really addictive.

Qhost used to have a server on Zoklet where we could all join, talk and build shit. Complete waste of time, but the fun part was going away then coming back to see the epic stuff people had made. Here's some screenshots of stuff I made a while back (people kept editing the first one)

screenshot_20091227220605.png

screenshot_20100215121728.png

screenshot_20100216125907.png

screenshot_20100222134729.png
    edited September 2010
    So is it like a building type game?
    edited September 2010
    Yeah its basically a MMO where you can build or destroy by cubes. We were only playing the beta which is why it had no point, but I think the actual game is something like you mine to gather materials, then build things like weapons, fortresses and shit. I heard monsters come out at night and you have to build shit to stop them from getting to you, but I'm not all the sure on how the main game operates.

To me it was just an IRC where you could virtually hang out, build, and destroy shit together :D

Edit:

edited September 2010
    I saw the title said free for the weekend. Do you know of a free version? I dont like monthly fee's thats why I never played WOW.
    edited September 2010
    I tried logging on but the site is down. Qhosts server is down too.
  • edited September 2010
    I saw the title said free for the weekend. Do you know of a free version? I dont like monthly fee's thats why I never played WOW.

I'm not sure that there is a free version. It's either pay or don't play, I'm afraid.