Aldi

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited September 2010 in Life
Who else but me gets their groceries here? The prices are great and the food is good too.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    I get mine from a Chinese Supermarket :hai:
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I get mine from a Chinese Supermarket :hai:

I love the prices at Asian Markets. You cant beat them. The food's awesome too.
  • Sandy RavageSandy Ravage Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    Lmao! The missus and I just went to Aldi's for the first time a couple days ago! It's unbeatable, we shaved an easy $150 bucks off our grocery bill. Quality of the food so far is just like i'd get anywhere else. I'd recommend it!
  • Sandy RavageSandy Ravage Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    It's pretty much like a ghetto food depot. You have to bring your own bags or find an empty shipping box to use. Also, here, you have to put a quarter into this thing on the cart to release a chain to be able to use it, but you get it back when you plug the chain back in.

Pretty much just off brands. Instead of Chef Boyardee there is Italian Chef or something. Even have a knock off ramen named Jehling. But, it all tastes the same. They also sell bacon wrapped filet mignon and whole lobsters...?
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited September 2010
    I shop there all the time. but the cart-quarter thing is annoying. They sell brown paper bas for cheap here
    edited September 2010
    You guys don't put coins in carts? Except for Costco, everywhere I go you have to put in a quarter or dollar in to unlock the cart.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    Happy farms string cheese. Buy it next time --It's awesome.
    edited September 2010
    Ive never had to pay for a cart. That sucks man and I'm in Maryland were usually the first to implement this kind of bullshit.
    edited September 2010
    It's not exactly paying. More of a deposit to encourage you to return your cart so you get your coin back :p
    edited September 2010
    It's not exactly paying. More of a deposit to encourage you to return your cart so you get your coin back :p

Oh my bad I didn't see the part that you got your coin back. I used to work at a grocery store and after doing so I can say I support this idea. Cart collecting sucked.
  • edited September 2010
    I've shopped there a few times, but I dunno. I just don't really enjoy it as much as you guys do.

Great for bulk items though.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, those kinds of stores are pretty awesome. There isnt one near where i live though.

I bought a packet of "Recreos" recently. The South American knock-off of Oreos. they taste alright
  • edited September 2010
    Fairway. Amazing.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited September 2010
    I have an Aldi where I live. I go there because they have a salsa I absolutely love. Then I end up buying a ton of other shit because it's so cheap. Tends to piss my girlfriend off because she's one of those people that will only buy name brand shit. Never saw the point of that, it all tastes the same(usually) and is usually made by the same company. I had to live off MRE's bitch :angry: cheap food is better than fucking MRE's :angry:

Although, one thing I will not allow to be cheap in my apartment is the toilet paper. I hate one ply see through tree bark ass paper. I like to pamper my ass with the good stuff, and eat cheap :D
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010

None of the stores where I live do that. Not even Walmart.
    edited September 2010
    Yeah but certain things you just have to buy the name brand. Stuff like Oreos, Hershey's chocolate, m&m's, just can't be imitated.
    edited September 2010
    Yeah but certain things you just have to buy the name brand. Stuff like Oreos, Hershey's chocolate, m&m's, just can't be imitated.

Somethings, Yes, I agree. But she literally has to buy name brand EVERYTHING. It's goddamned dry spaghetti woman! :angry: Or bread? And especially cereal or oatmeal. :facepalm:
    edited September 2010
    Yeah that's nuts. Though I have never found a good knockof of

Ohs-Detail.sflb.ashx
    edited September 2010
    I just thought of a REALLY good idea. Save all the empty boxes. Then offer to go shopping and buy nothing but generic. Then put all the foodstuffs into the name brand boxes and see if she notices.
    edited September 2010
    I just thought of a REALLY good idea. Save all the empty boxes. Then offer to go shopping and buy nothing but generic. Then put all the foodstuffs into the name brand boxes and see if she notices.

Haha, that's a slick idea. Hadn't thought of it.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited September 2010
    Firstly every supermarket over here(UK) you have to put a quid in the trolleys so I find it fascinating that you don't have to do similar in America. I have been in a fair few super markets in other countries (France,Belgium, Spain, Holland, Tenerife) and all of them also have the system of putting money in the trolley..

Anyway on topic ALDI is amazing! The food is excellent quality and cheap don''t buy the veg from there though as it seems to go off amazingly quickly.. But yeah the weekly offers they doa re interesting and all the tools they sell are amazingly good quality and generally come with a 3 year plus warranty..
    edited September 2010
    Aldi is German right?

Vince from shamwow thinks Germans always make great stuff:rolleyes:
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited September 2010
    I love Aldi, they have really good shit there and its all super cheap.
    edited September 2010
    Wow, two embed fails. You're on a roll!
    edited September 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    Aldi is German right?

Vince from shamwow thinks Germans always make great stuff:rolleyes:

He killed Billy may's with a shamwow.
    edited September 2010
    He killed Billy may's with a shamwow.

Did this shamwow absorb several kilos of coke before Billy Mays went to town on it?