Game Booster - PC Application

edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Deleted, I want my dignity back :(

Comments

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    I've used it once or twice when I had some lag.

It's OK. You could do the same thing manually just by setting some services to 'manual' in the CP.
  • edited September 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    I've used it once or twice when I had some lag.

It's OK. You could do the same thing manually just by setting some services to 'manual' in the CP.

Yeah, but the point of this app is that it does it all for you after you set it up correctly. Setting things to manual is good, until the service is needed. I'm not sure it turns itself off after you've finished using the program it was needed for.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I think I used this tool way back. It doesn't really help much. Just disable AV and quit some services and close some background apps. It's the same thing. It's not like your PC will get extra HP out of it.
    edited September 2010
    Why rely on an application to do all the settings temporarily, when you can set them up yourself?

I really never saw the purpose of it though.

Anyone with a bit of computer knowledge, would proceed to turning off your A/V like Dfg stated, closing unnecessary programs [msn, yahoo, explorer/FF] and disabling or setting your services like Window Search, remote registry and other stuff prior to using a computer for gaming.

GameBooster's aimed for n00bs.
  • edited September 2010
    I just figured that if you're lazy and can't be bothered to set your system up, you could use this tool.
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    I just figured that if you're lazy and can't be bothered to set your system up, you could use this tool.

There we go.
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited September 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I think I used this tool way back. It doesn't really help much.

This.
    And it had an amusing anti-piracy system, where it would check with a server to make sure your key was legit. If it wasn't, it would scare you with an angry message containing your IP address.
    lool
  • edited September 2010
    OP has been edited accordingly :facepalm: