Well, this pretty much solves...fucking everything. — Totseans

Well, this pretty much solves...fucking everything.

ChiChi Acolyte
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
THIRTY MINUTES TO ENLIGHTENMENT

**********

THE FOLLOWING ZEN ENCOUNTER HAS BEEN WRITTEN TO ENLIGHTEN YOU TO THE CAUSE OF HUMAN SUFFERING AND CONFLICT AND WILL EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN ELIMINATE THAT CAUSE FROM THE MIND.


CHAPTER CONTENTS:

(1) THE TAO

(2) ZEN

(3) ENLIGHTENMENT AND SATORI

(4) NIRVANA

(5) THE CAUSE OF HUMAN SUFFERING AND CONFLICT

(6) THE EGO AND SUPER-EGO

(7) SENSUAL PERCEPTION

(8) LOVE AND HATE

(9) THE CENTERED MIND

(10) FREEDOM FROM DESIRE

(11) THE BOOK OF GENESIS

(12) THE CHRIST SPIRIT WITHIN

(13) THE FOUR NOBLE TRUTHS

(14) THE AQUARIAN AGE AND THE BIBLICAL MILLENNIUM

(15) PERFECT-LESS-NESS

(16) THEREFORE

(17) IN CONCLUSION


THE "TAO"



THE CHINESE WORD TAO IS USED IN AN ATTEMPT TO IDENTIFY BY NAME THAT NAMELESS ENERGY-SUBSTANCE WE CALL PHYSICAL AND NON-PHYSICAL REALITY IN ALL OF ITS MANIFESTATIONS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN.

THAT WHICH WE CALL THE TAO EXISTS WITH OR WITHOUT OUR EXPERIENTIAL PERCEPTION, AFFIRMATION OR NEGATION OF IT AND EXISTS ASIDE FROM ANY CONCEPTUAL VOCABULARY DESCRIBING IT. SEPARATED MENTALLY FROM IT, WE CALL IT THE TAO, EDEN OR REALITY. REUNITED WITH IT, THERE IS NO NEED.

THE WAY TO BEING PSYCHOLOGICALLY AT ONE WITH THE TAO CAN BE KNOWN AND STATED. THE TAO ITSELF CAN ONLY BE EXPERIENCED.

THE WAY FOR THE MIND TO BE ONCE AGAIN AT ONE WITH THE TAO IS NOT DIFFICULT. ONLY OUR LACK OF DESIRE FOR THE TRUTH CONCERNING THE CAUSE OF HUMAN SUFFERING AND CONFLICT AND HOW TO ELIMINATE THAT CAUSE FROM THE MIND, KEEPS US FROM IT.

THOSE WHO KNOW THE WAY, POINT DIRECTLY TO THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER AND DO SO NAMELESSLY.


ZEN


IT MUST FIRST BE UNDERSTOOD THAT ZEN IS A MEANS TO PSYCHOLOGICAL TRANSFORMATION AND NOT A RELIGION. ZEN IS THE TEACHING THAT IDENTIFIES AND ELIMINATES THE "GATELESS" GATES THAT PSYCHOLOGICALLY EXIST BETWEEN THE SCHIZOPHRENIC, CULTURAL-EXISTENTIAL MIND, AND A STATE OF MIND AT ONE WITH THE TAO, CALLED NIRVANA.

ZEN DOES NOT REPRESENT NIRVANA, NOR THE TAO, BUT REPRESENTS THE MEANS TO BE AT ONE WITH THOSE ENDS. ZEN IS THE METHOD OF TRAVEL, NIRVANA THE DESTINATION.

ZEN CONSISTS OF TWO PARTS. THEY ARE "ENLIGHTENMENT" AND "SATORI", ENLIGHTENMENT BEING THE NECESSARY INGREDIENT FOR THE REALIZATION OF SATORI. IF THERE IS NO ENLIGHTENMENT, THERE CAN BE NO SATORI AND CONSEQUENTLY NO NIRVANA.


ENLIGHTENMENT AND SATORI


THE WORD "ENLIGHTENMENT", AS USED IN THIS TEXT, IS TO KNOW OF HUMAN SUFFERING AND CONFLICT, TO KNOW ITS CAUSE, AND HOW TO ELIMINATE THAT CAUSE FROM THE MIND.

THE WORD "SATORI, AS USED, IS THE CONSEQUENCE OF THIS ENLIGHTENMENT AND IS OUR AFFIRMATIVE COMMITMENT TO ELIMINATE FROM THE MIND, THE CAUSE OF CONFUSION, CONFLICT AND INSANITY, ONCE KNOWN, AND THE RELATIVE TIME NECESSARY TO DO SO.

IF THE REASON FOR COMMITTING OURSELVES TO ELIMINATING THE CAUSE OF SUFFERING FROM THE MIND IS OUT OF COMPASSION FOR OUR OWN SUFFERING OR FOR OUR OWN GAINS, WE WILL EXPERIENCE A PSEUDO-SATORI, WHICH IS PRETENTIOUS AND NO SATORI AT ALL. IF THE REASON FOR OUR COMMITMENT IS OUT OF COMPASSION FOR ALL SUFFERING, OF WHICH OUR OWN SUFFERING IS BUT A PART, AND FOR NO PERSONAL GAINS, OUR SATORI IS.

"ELIMINATING THE CAUSE OF SUFFERING AND CONFLICT FROM THE MIND" IS ACCOMPLISHED THE SAME WAY WE WOULD ELIMINATE ANY UNWANTED HABITUAL ACTIVITY. WHEN THE HABITUAL RESPONSE OCCURS, WE MUST DISCIPLINE OURSELVES TO CORRECT THAT RESPONSE EACH TIME IT HAPPENS. IN TIME THERE WILL BE NO HABIT TO CORRECT.

IT MUST BE UNDERSTOOD BY ALL INVOLVED IN ZEN, THAT SATORI IS A PRIVATE, PERSONAL MATTER AND MUST REMAIN SO. SATORI MUST NEVER BE BRAGGED ABOUT OR DEMANDED OF OTHERS. YOUR SATORI, OR LACK OF IT, IS NO ONES BUSINESS.


NIRVANA


NIRVANA IS A STATE OF MIND FREE OF THE CAUSES OF HUMAN SUFFERING AND CONFLICT, IT IS THE CONSEQUENCE OF ENLIGHTENMENT AND SATORI, AND IS
MIND AT ONE WITH THE TAO. NIRVANA IS MIND UNENCUMBERED BY EVALUATION, COMPARISON AND DISCRIMINATION. IT IS A MIND PEACEFULLY AT ONE WITH ALL THINGS. THIS NON-JUDGEMENTAL MIND IS ONE OF SENSUAL EXPERIENCE OF, AND SPONTANEOUS PARTICIPATION IN THE TAO.

THE CAUSE OF HUMAN SUFFERING AND CONFLICT


THE CAUSE OF HUMAN SUFFERING AND CONFLICT IS OUR COMMITMENT TO THE ILLUSIONS WE CALL VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS. VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS DO NOT EXIST OUTSIDE OF OUR CULTURAL-EXISTENTIAL MINDS. THEY DO NOT EXIST IN REALITY AND ARE THEREFORE A FIGMENT OF OUR CULTURALLY AND EXISTENTIALLY INDOCTRINATED IMAGINATION. WE BELIEVE OR THINK VALUES EXIST WHEN IN FACT THEY DO NOT. THIS DESCRIBES THE SCHIZOPHRENIC MIND. THE SCHIZOPHRENIC MIND IS SEPARATED FROM REALITY AND CENTERED IN UNREALITY OR WHAT PSYCHOLOGISTS CALL FANTASY, BELIEVING THIS FANTASY TO BE REAL. CULTURAL/EXISTENTIAL HUMANITY EXISTS ENTIRELY WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF ILLUSIONARY VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS AND IS THEREFORE ABSOLUTELY SCHIZOPHRENIC.

WE ARE EITHER AFFIRMATIVELY COMMITTED TO THE EXISTENCE OF VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS OR WE ARE NOT. IF WE ARE COMMITTED TO THE EXISTENCE OF VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS, WE ARE SCHIZOPHRENIC AND CONSEQUENTLY INSANE. IF WE ARE NOT COMMITTED TO VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS, THEN CONFUSION, CONFLICT AND INSANITY ARE NOT A PART OF OUR PSYCHOLOGICAL NATURE. THE TERM INSANE IS USED TO DESCRIBE THE PERSONAL AND SOCIAL ACTIONS OF THE SCHIZOPHRENIC PERSONALITY.

THERE CAN BE NO CONFLICT WITHOUT THE VALUES OF RIGHT OR WRONG BEING OFFENDED OR DEFENDED. THERE CAN BE NO GUILT OR REPRESSION WITHOUT THE VALUES OF RIGHT OR WRONG, GOOD OR BAD HAVING BEEN APPLIED.

THERE CAN BE NO PSYCHOLOGICAL NEUROSIS OR PSYCHOSIS WITHOUT THE FEARS ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOSS OR GAIN OF THAT VALUED.

THERE CAN BE NO ANXIETY WITHOUT THE ANTICIPATION OR EXPECTATION CONCERNING FUTURE UNCERTAINTIES ABOUT SUCCESS OR FAILURE. THERE CAN BE NO FRUSTRATION WITHOUT A DESIRED GOAL BEING THWARTED.

THE ILLUSIONARY CONCEPTS OF VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS EXIST SO THAT WE MAY JUDGE, SEPARATE AND DIVIDE, AND THEN PIT THE ONE SIDE AGAINST THE OTHER. THIS ENABLES THE PERSONS INVOLVED TO FEEL EITHER SUPERIOR OR INFERIOR AS THE CASE MAY BE. THIS IS THE UNDERLYING MOTIVATION FOR ALL CULTURAL-EXISTENTIAL ACTIVITY.

DUE TO THE DIVISIVE AND CONFLICTING NATURE OF DUALITY, CULTURAL/EXISTENTIA; HUMANITY CAN BE DESCRIBED AS BEING NOT ONLY SOCIOPATHIC (ANTI-SOCIAL) IN ITS ATTITUDE AND RESPONSE TO HUMANKIND, BUT ALSO PSYCHOPATHIC (AGGRESSIVELY ANTI-SOCIAL) MUCH OF THAT TIME.

SINCE CONFUSION, CONFLICT AND INSANITY ARE THE CONSEQUENCE OF OUR COMMITMENT TO VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS, AND PEACE EXISTS WHEN THERE IS NO CONFUSION, CONFLICT OR INSANITY PRESENT, IT CAN BE CONCLUDED

THAT PEACE IS THE CONSEQUENCE OF HAVING NO VALUES, NO MORALS AND NO ETHICS.

IF VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS ARE THE DIRECT CAUSE OF ALL HUMAN SUFFERING AND CONFLICT AND DO NOT EXIST IN THE TAO/EDEN/REALITY, AND IF PEACE AND SANITY ARE TO BE REALIZED, WE MUST REFUSE TO TAKE PART IN THEIR USE.


THE EGO AND SUPER-EGO


THE EGO IS DEFINED AS A PRIMARY STATE OF MIND, AT ONE WITH REALITY, HAVING NO CONSCIENCE AND IS CONSCIOUSLY AWARE OF "I AM" AND "IT IS".

THE "SUPER-EGO" IS A SECONDARY STATE OF MIND, NOT EXISTING AT BIRTH, BUT ORIGINATING AT THE MOMENT OF OUR AFFIRMATIVE COMMITMENT TO VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS AND ONLY THEN AFTER INTENSIVE CULTURAL/EXISTENTIAL INDOCTRINATION, CREATES EGO CONSCIENCE, AND IS MIND SELF-CONSCIOUSLY AWARE OF "I AM MORE OR LESS THAN" AND "IT IS MORE OR LESS THAN".

THE "EGO" PERCEIVES REALITY AS IT IS. THE SUPER-EGO PLACES VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS ON THAT PERCEPTION.

THE "SUPER-EGO" IS THE PSYCHOLOGICAL JUDGE, JURY AND KEEPER OF PRISON OF THE CULTURAL/EXISTENTIAL MIND.

THE CULTURAL MIND AND THE EXISTENTIAL MIND ARE BOTH ROOTED IN SUPER-EGO FUNCTION, STATED BY THEIR VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS. THE DIFFERENCE BEING, THE CULTURAL MIND SPEAKS OF "OUR" VALUES AND THE EXISTENTIAL MIND SPEAKS OF "MY" VALUES.

THE POST CULTURAL/EXISTENTIAL, REALITY CENTERED MIND SPEAKS OF "NO" VALUES.

ZEN, AS REPRESENTED BY ENLIGHTENMENT AND SATORI, IS IN DIRECT OPPOSITION OF THE FASCISTIC/DICTATORIAL CONTROL THE SUPER-EGO HAS OVER THE MIND OF THE INDIVIDUAL AND OVER THE CULTURAL PATTERN.

ZEN, AS PRESENTED, IS THE MORTAL ENEMY OF THE CULTURAL/EXISTENTIAL SUPER-EGO.

ZEN, IS THE MORTAL ENEMY OF ANY INDIVIDUAL, ORGANIZATION OR RELIGION COMMITTED TO THE ILLUSION THAT IS VALUES, MORALS OR ETHICS.

Continued in next post.

Comments

  • ChiChi Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    SENSUAL


    OUR SENSES ARE PERCEIVING REALITY WITH MINDLESS PERFECTION. DO NOT MISS THIS SENSUAL EXCITMENT BY PLACING VALUE, MORAL OR ETHICAL MINDFULNESS IN THE PATH OF THIS NON-DUALISTIC EXPERIENCE.

    SEE WITH YOUR EYES, NOT WITH YOUR DUALISTIC MIND'S EYE. WHEN OUR ILLUSIONARY DUALISTIC MIND ENTERS, WE NO LONGER SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE BUT AS OUR CULTURALLY AND EXISTENTIALLY INDOCTRINATED, PREJUDICIAL MIND'S EYE WOULD LIKE THEM TO BE.


    LOVE AND HATE


    LOVE AND HATE ARE THE EMOTIONAL, MENTAL/VERBAL RESPONSES TO VALUABLENESS. FIRST WE VALUE, THEN WE LOVE OR HATE ACCORDINGLY.

    WITHOUT VALUE THERE CAN BE NO LOVE OR HATE. NO DESIRE FOR IT. NO ANXIETY, FRUSTRATION OR ANGER BECAUSE OF IT.

    LOVE IS INHERENTLY HATEFUL. THE REALITY CENTERED MIND IS NEITHER LOVING NOR HATEFUL BUT IS TO THE CONTRARY, COMPASSIONATELY UNDERSTANDING OF AND TOWARDS ALL THINGS.


    THE CENTERED MIND


    BEING NEITHER FOR THIS NOR AGAINST THAT, THE BUDDHA/CHRIST/REALITY MIND IS ABSOLUTELY CENTERED AND BEING NO LONGER INNOCENT TO THE CAUSE OF HUMAN SUFFERING AND CONFLICT, CANNOT BE TAKEN FROM THAT CENTER.

    THE ILLUSIONARY, DUALISTIC, VALUISTIC, CULTURAL/EXISTENTIAL MIND, BEING FOR THIS AND AGAINST THAT, IS ABSOLUTELY OFF CENTER AT ALL TIMES.

    SINCE THE CULTURAL/EXISTENTIAL MIND IS OFF CENTER, THE BODY,
    CONSEQUENTLY, IS ALSO OFF CENTER. THIS IS DUE TO THE STRESS CREATED BY NEUROSIS, PSYCHOSIS, GUILT, REPRESSION, ANXIETY, FRUSTRATION AND DEPRESSION, WHICH ARE THE BY-PRODUCTS OF OUR VALUE, MORAL AND ETHICAL SYSTEM.

    AS THE NON-CENTERED MIND CENTERS, STRESS IS ELIMINATED, THEREBY CENTERING THE BODY AND ELIMINATING THE NEED FOR STRESS MANAGEMENT.

    THEREFORE, DO NO BE CONCERNED WITH CENTERING THE BODY; BE CONCERNED WITH CENTERING THE MIND. BY CENTERING THE MIND, BIOLOGICAL AND MENTAL TRANQUILITY WILL FOLLOW.


    FREEDOM FROM DESIRE


    WE CANNOT HAVE FREEDOM FROM THE IMAGINARY PRISON OF THE CULTURAL-EXISTENTIAL MIND WITHOUT DESIRING IT, ALTHOUGH, PARADOXICALLY, THE ACT OF "DESIRING" FREEDOM WILL KEEP US FROM BEING FREE.

    FIRST WE VALUE, THEN WE DESIRE THAT WHICH WE VALUE. TO ELIMINATE DESIRE, WE MUST ELIMINATE FROM THE MIND THE NEED TO VALUE.

    IF WE DESIRE TO BE FREE FROM THE PRISON OF THE CULTURAL/EXISTENTIAL MIND, WE MUST NOT PLACE ANY IMPORTANCE ON THE MEANS OR THE END, FOR TO VALUE THE MEANS (ZEN) OR THE END (NIRVANA) IS TO IMPRISON OURSELVES HOPELESSLY IN DESIRE.

    ZEN, BY ELIMINATING VALUE, CONSEQUENTLY ELIMINATES DESIRE.


    THE MESSAGE IN THE BIBLICAL "BOOK OF GENESIS" AS THE KEY TO INDIVIDUAL AND SOCIAL SALVATION.


    IT STATES, "DO AS YOU WILL IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN, BUT DO NOT EAT FROM THE TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL." IF WE DO EAT AND THEREBY POSSESS THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, WE WILL CONSEQUENTLY PSYCHOLOGICALLY SEPARATE OURSELVES FROM EDEN, TO SUFFER AND TO CAUSE SUFFERING TO OTHERS UNTIL WE REALIZE THE ERROR WE HAVE MADE. ONCE REALIZED, WE MUST REFUSE TO PARTAKE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, THE KNOWLEDGE OF WHICH IS THE DIRECT AND ONLY CAUSE OF HUMAN SUFFERING AND CONFLICT, THEREBY REALIZING EDEN ONCE AGAIN.

    THIS SO CALLED "BANISHMENT FROM EDEN" OR "FALL FROM EDEN THROUGH THE "GATELESS" GATES OF HELL," IS IN ACTUALITY, A PSYCHOLOGICAL BREAK WITH REALITY, WITH ALL OF THE CONFUSION, CONFLICT AND INSANITY, CLINICALLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE SCHIZOPHRENIC PERSONALITY.


    THE CHRIST SPIRIT WITHIN


    THE "SECOND COMING OF CHRIST" IS OURSELVES AS NON-DUALISTIC, NON-JUDGEMENTAL, REALITY CENTERED MINDS.

    THE SO CALLED "ANTI-CHRIST" IS NONE OTHER THAN CHRISTIANITY ITSELF, AS EXPRESSED THROUGH ITS COMMITMENT TO ILLUSIONARY VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS AND ANY PRACTITIONER THEREOF.

    CHRISTIANS, BY VIRTUE OF THEIR COMMITMENT TO ILLUSIONARY VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS, WHICH ARE THE CAUSE OF ALL HUMAN SUFFERING AND CONFLICT, ARE EITHER INNOCENTLY OR KNOWINGLY DOING THE WORK OF THE "SATANISTIC" SUPER-EGO MIND.

    BELIEF IN CHRIST IS IRRELEVANT. THAT BELIEF ONLY BLINDS US TO THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER, WHICH IS, "THAT WE ARE TO BE THE CHRIST WHICH IN ESSENCE WE ALREADY ARE."

    FREE THE CHRIST MIND IMPRISONED WITHIN BY THE "SATANISTIC" SUPER-EGO.


    THE ZEN TEACHINGS OF GUATAMA SIDDHARTHA-BUDDHA. (THE SO CALLED "FOUR NOBLE TRUTHS").


    (1) TO KNOW THAT CULTURAL/EXISTENTIAL HUMANITY SUFFERS AND TO UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF THAT SUFFERING.

    SUFFERING IS DEFINED AS CONFUSION, CONFLICT AND INSANITY, WHICH IS NEUROSIS, PSYCHOSIS, GUILT, REPRESSION, ANXIETY, FRUSTRATION, DEPRESSION, AND THE BIOLOGICAL STRESS CREATED BY THEM.

    (2) TO KNOW ITS CAUSE.

    THE CAUSE OF SUFFERING IS OUR AFFIRMATIVE COMMITMENT TO ILLUSIONARY DUALITY, WHICH IS VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS, WHICH IS GOOD AND BAD, RIGHT AND WRONG, UGLY AND BEAUTIFUL, GREAT AND INFERIOR, ETC.

    (3) TO KNOW OF ITS ENDING.

    THE END OF SUFFERING AND CONFLICT IS CALLED NIRVANA, WHICH IS MIND AT ONE WITH THE TAO/EDEN/REALITY, WHICH IS MIND FREE FROM THE NEED FOR VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS AND THE CONFUSION, CONFLICT AND INSANITY CREATED BY THEM.

    (4) TO KNOW THE WAY THERETO.

    TO KNOW THAT CULTURAL HUMANITY SUFFERS, TO KNOW THE CAUSE OF THAT SUFFERING AND THEREBY VIGOROUSLY COMMITTING OURSELVES TO ELIMINATE FROM THE MIND, THE CAUSE OF THAT SUFFERING, WHICH IS OUR COMMITMENT TO ILLUSIONARY DUALITY, WHICH IS VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS.

    BUDDHISM, AS REPRESENTED BY ITS COMMITMENT TO VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS, IS ANTI-BUDDHA MIND.


    THE "AQUARIAN AGE" AND THE "BIBLICAL MILLENNIUM"


    THE AQUARIAN AGE IS A TERM USED TO SIGNIFY A TIME OF ABSOLUTE PEACEFUL COEXISTENCE WITH SELF, OTHERS AND NATURE.

    THE MILLENNIUM IS DEFINED AS AN "AGE OF PEACE" DURING WHICH THE "CHRIST MIND" IS TO INHABIT THE EARTH.

    THE DEFINITIONS FOR THE AQUARIAN AGE AND THE BIBLICAL MILLENNIUM, ARE IN ESSENCE THE SAME.

    WHEN THE NON-DUALISTIC BUDDHA/CHRIST/REALITY MIND IS REALIZED, THE AQUARIAN AGE AND MILLENNIUM WILL BE REALIZED, NOT BEFORE.


    PERFECT-LESS-NESS


    THE "PERFECT" NON-DUALISTIC MIND IS NEITHER PERFECT NOR IMPERFECT.

    THE "PERFECT" MIND IS PERFECTLY INDIFFERENT, BEING NEITHER FOR NOR AGAINST.

    THIS MIND IS NEITHER PROUD NOR HUMBLE, PURE OR IMPURE.

    THE "PERFECT" MIND HAS NOTHING TO GAIN, NOTHING TO LOSE, NEEDS NOTHING ADDED, NOTHING SUBTRACTED.

    IN REALITY, NOT A THING IS MORE OR LESS THAN PERFECT.

    THE BUDDHA MIND AND THE CHRIST MIND ARE "PERFECT" MINDS CENTERED IN REALITY, NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.


    THEREFORE


    AS THE FOREGOING FACTS ARE FULLY UNDERSTOOD, WE ARE ENLIGHTENED.

    IF WE AFFIMATIVELY AND AGGRESSIVELY COMMIT OURSELVES TO THIS KNOWLEDGE, WE HAVE EXPERIENCED SATORI. SATORI IS THE TIME SPENT FROM THE MOMENT OF OUR COMMITMENT TO THE ELIMINATION OF ALL VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS FROM THE MIND.

    CONSEQUENTLY, WE ARE ON THE PATH TO A MIND AT ONE WITH THE TAO, WHICH IS THE MIND OF BUDDHA.

    CONSEQUENTLY, WE ARE ON THE PATH TO A MIND AT ONE WITH EDEN, WHICH IS THE MIND OF A CHRIST.

    CONSEQUENTLY, WE ARE ON THE PATH TO A MIND AT ONE WITH REALITY, FREE OF SCHIZOPHRENIC ILLUSIONS AND THE CONFUSION, CONFLICT AND INSANITY CREATED BY THEM.

    ALL THREE MINDS DESCRIBED, BEING ONE AND THE SAME MIND.


    IN CONCLUSION


    THE WAY TO INDIVIDUAL AND SOCIAL SANITY IS NOT DIFFICULT.

    ONLY OUR LACK OF DESIRE FOR THE TRUTH CONCERNING THE CAUSE OF HUMAN SUFFERING AND CONFLICT AND HOW TO ELIMINATE THAT CAUSE FROM THE MIND, KEEPS US FROM IT.

    THERE IS BUT ONE PATH. ALL OTHERS LEAD TO FURTHER CONFUSION, CONFLICT AND INSANITY.

    WE MUST ELIMINATE FROM THE MIND THE CULTURALLY AND EXISTENTIALLY INDOCTRINATED, ILLUSIONARY CONCEPTS OF GOOD AND BAD, RIGHT AND WRONG, UGLY AND BEAUTIFUL, GREAT AND INFERIOR, ETC.

    WE MUST ELIMINATE FROM THE MIND ALL VALUE, MORAL AND ETHICAL JUDGEMENTS. IN TIME OUR ENTIRE BEING WILL BE AT ONE WITH REALITY. THE NEED WILL NO LONGER EXIST TO DIFFERENTIATE JUDGEMENTALLY BETWEEN THIS AND THAT.

    VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS DO NOT EXIST IN THE TAO/EDEN/REALITY,SO REFUSE TO TAKE PART IN THEIR USE. FOLLOW THIS PATH AND YOU WALK IN ABSOLUTE PEACE, THE SEEDS OF CONFUSION, CONFLICT AND INSANITY HAVING BEEN ELIMINATED.

    THIS IS THE WAY AND THE TEACHING OF ZEN, WHICH IS THE WAY AND THE TEACHING OF THE BUDDHAS, THE CHRISTS, AND IN TIME THE TEACHING OF EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGISTS FOR THE PREVENTION OF FUTURE SCHIZOPHRENIC INSANITY.



    SO THAT OTHERS MAY HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO READ THIS WORK, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COPY AND PASS ALONG THIS INFORMATION. YOUR COOPERATION

    IS APPRECIATED. THANK YOU.

    Definitely TL;DR, but you won't regret reading it if you do. Promise.

    Thoughts?
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited August 2010
    Chi wrote: »

    Thoughts?

    why is it in all caps.....
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    i like it, where you get it?
  • ChiChi Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Megalodon wrote: »
    why is it in all caps.....

    I found it like that.
    Obbe wrote: »
    i like it, where you get it?

    I don't know who wrote it, by I found it here with a bunch of other miscellaneous zen text files. You need winzip to read them.
  • ArmsMerchantArmsMerchant Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Um, so "love is inherantly hateful"?

    So, is hate inherantly loving?

    Is black inherantly white?
  • ChiChi Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Um, so "love is inherantly hateful"?

    So, is hate inherantly loving?

    Is black inherantly white?

    To be able to love someone or something, you'd have to place it somewhere on the spectrum of "I love" and "I hate". Before you go arguing that you love everything because everything is one, I feel like I should remind you that if we felt nothing but love then there would be no love.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    Um, so "love is inherantly hateful"?

    So, is hate inherantly loving?

    Is black inherantly white?

    lol, is it possible to see the foreground without any background?

    I find the whole write up very agreeable.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    I think this will be an interesting addition to this thread:
    I am not an authority on Zen. In fact, I'm not an authority on
    anything. But I am somewhat familiar with Taoism and the spirit of
    Zen, and I have found the document ZEN.TXT to be somewhat inaccurate
    and/or misleading. What follows are some excerpts and rebuttals. The
    original quotes are in all caps, my replies are in upper/lower case.


    ZEN DOES NOT REPRESENT NIRVANA, NOR THE TAO, BUT REPRESENTS THE
    MEANS TO BE AT ONE WITH THOSE ENDS. ZEN IS THE METHOD OF TRAVEL,
    NIRVANA THE DESTINATION.
    Zen may be the method of travel, but nirvana is not the
    destination. Nirvana is a side-effect produced by Zen, and only
    exists while Zen is being practiced. If nirvana is being at one with
    the Tao, it must also be a nameless condition... beyond definition.
    Therefore, believing you have achieved nirvana is deceiving yourself.
    Ultimately, nirvana cannot be consciously experienced at all.


    VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS DO NOT EXIST OUTSIDE OF OUR CULTURAL-
    EXISTENTIAL MINDS. THEY DO NOT EXIST IN REALITY AND ARE THEREFORE A
    FIGMENT OF OUR CULTURALLY AND EXISTENTIALLY INDOCTRINATED IMAGINATION.
    WE BELIEVE OR THINK VALUES EXIST WHEN IN FACT THEY DO NOT. THIS
    DESCRIBES THE SCHIZOPHRENIC MIND.
    Sentence one: true. Sentence two: false. Values are very much a
    part of reality. They exist in the reality of our minds. People die
    for them every day.
    If values were not real, we would all experience nirvana and
    satori without effort. (And it is as "schizophrenic" to believe real
    things don't exist as it is to believe imaginary things are real.)
    The danger of values lies ONLY in believing that they exist
    anywhere OUTSIDE of your mind. You must own your values before you
    are free to change them.


    SINCE CONFUSION, CONFLICT AND INSANITY ARE THE CONSEQUENCE OF OUR
    COMMITMENT TO VALUES, MORALS AND ETHICS, AND PEACE EXISTS WHEN THERE
    IS NO CONFUSION, CONFLICT OR INSANITY PRESENT, IT CAN BE CONCLUDED
    THAT PEACE IS THE CONSEQUENCE OF HAVING NO VALUES, NO MORALS AND NO
    ETHICS.
    Impossible. The author has already decided that he/she values
    the removal of conflict and suffering from his/her life (and/or the
    lives of others), and is using Zen to remove them. If one has no
    values, there is no reason to remove suffering and conflict from their
    life. Also, satori and nirvana would have no value, so there would be
    no reason to pursue them.
    Peace comes from living your life in harmony with your values,
    morals and ethics... by studying them in an enlightened way and
    eliminating those that do not stand the test of reason. To throw
    away your values is to throw away the baby with the bathwater.


    ZEN, AS REPRESENTED BY ENLIGHTENMENT AND SATORI, IS IN
    DIRECT OPPOSITION OF THE FASCISTIC/DICTATORIAL CONTROL THE SUPER-EGO
    HAS OVER THE MIND OF THE INDIVIDUAL AND OVER THE CULTURAL PATTERN.
    How can someone who has no values define their opposite as
    fascistic and dictatorial? Do I hear the faint stirrings of hypocrisy
    here?


    ZEN, BY ELIMINATING VALUE, CONSEQUENTLY ELIMINATES DESIRE.
    If one pursues Zen, it is because he/she desires it. There is no
    other reason to pursue Zen. If one lives their life in the illusion
    that they have no values and desires, it is because this illusion is
    important to them. There is no such thing as a "desireless"
    existence.
    "Zen"... as described in this text... only serves as a
    brainwashing function whose ultimate end is to convince someone that
    they aren't desiring and valuing the things they desire and value.
    To achieve peace, one must live in harmony with ones' desires as
    well as their values and ethics, etc. To pretend that you can or have
    eliminated them from your life is schizophrenic.


    THE MESSAGE IN THE BIBLICAL "BOOK OF GENESIS" AS THE KEY TO
    INDIVIDUAL AND SOCIAL SALVATION.
    IT STATES, "DO AS YOU WILL IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN, BUT DO NOT EAT
    FROM THE TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL." IF WE DO EAT AND
    THEREBY POSSESS THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, WE WILL CONSEQUENTLY
    PSYCHOLOGICALLY SEPARATE OURSELVES FROM EDEN, TO SUFFER AND TO CAUSE
    SUFFERING TO OTHERS UNTIL WE REALIZE THE ERROR WE HAVE MADE. ONCE
    REALIZED, WE MUST REFUSE TO PARTAKE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL,
    THE KNOWLEDGE OF WHICH IS THE DIRECT AND ONLY CAUSE OF HUMAN SUFFERING
    AND CONFLICT, THEREBY REALIZING EDEN ONCE AGAIN.
    So... we are being told that discriminating between good and evil
    is an evil thing to do.
    Discrimination between "good" and "evil" is not inherently
    wrong... it is the belief that good and evil can be defined by
    objective standards (i.e. from somewhere other than our own minds)
    that leads to a fall from nirvana.


    THERE IS BUT ONE PATH. ALL OTHERS LEAD TO FURTHER
    CONFUSION, CONFLICT AND INSANITY.
    The above message, brought to us by an anonymous author, has
    also been brought to us (in one form or another) by Jim and Tammy
    Bakker, the Ayatollah Khomeni, Ronald Reagan, Mahatma Ghandi, and
    hundreds of other prophets and wise men. Will the REAL "One Way"
    please stand up?

    What do you think about that?
  • edited August 2010
    Um, so "love is inherantly hateful"?

    [1] welcome.

    [2] now that you dont have a bubble of mod power to shield yourself ... i'm looking forward to intellectually fuck ... you.

    [3] of course it is you gott damned retarded old fuck ... that's exactly what it saud right there.
    So, is hate inherantly loving?

    duhhhhhhh
    Is black inherantly white?

    well ... if in absolute darkness, black and white is all black ... and in absolute brightness all balck and white are both white ...

    then yes ... black is inherent;y white and white is inherently black.
  • FiremindFiremind Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    The ancient orders state that all emotions actually stem from love. If pursued into enough.
    I don't particularly care though.
  • ChiChi Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Obbe wrote: »
    What do you think about that?

    The arguments in it seem to be what was already covered in the text itself. Things like "if you don't have values, then why value zen?" was already in there, where it said that zen should be pursued paradoxically without being valued.

    As for saying you can't call something fascistic or dictatorial if you have no values, well that's not true. The definitions of these words still exist, and so they can still be used by a nihilist. It is only because they have negative connonations that they're seen as being valued above or below something.

    About calling the recognition of good and evil an evil thing it itself, that wasn't really stated, just implied. The author is saying that it's a contradiction to support morals and ethics if morals and ethics are the direct cause of the conflict between "good" and "evil". This is also one aspect of Taoist philosophy.

    Did you write that rebuttal? 'Cause it sounds more like Greyfox or ate to be honest.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    Chi wrote: »
    Did you write that rebuttal? 'Cause it sounds more like Greyfox or ate to be honest.

    No, and I do still agree with the one you posted, but I find that these two text files work together, even though each is biased in it's own way. It does seem like some nerd just decided to 'correct' the original file, though.

    I found this one in the same zip file that contained the one you originally posted, after downloading it for myself.

    I haven't been able to connect to zoklet for some time now, and I haven't been able to figure out how to change that. Does ate even post there anymore?
  • woodwood Regular
    edited August 2010
    They both say schizophrenia like it's a bad thing. Functional psychosis people. Their use of the verb 'is' irritates me no end.

    You can't go back once you've eaten the fruit. Cultural practices and ideologies based on a monist world picture can be integrated into a pluralist reality, but I don't think you can do it completely.
  • ChiChi Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    wood wrote: »
    a bad thing.

    400px-Trollface_More_HD.png
  • edited August 2010
    your not intelligent enough to articulate your replies in words ... are you ???

    See, all this won;t happen if we made IQ tests mandatory.
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited August 2010
    See, all this won;t happen if we made IQ tests mandatory.

    HA!
  • ashenbloodashenblood Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Megalodon wrote: »
    HA!
    lolz

    seriously though, imo, this shit is not possible unless you have divine intervention. i am unsure if humans can rise from a lower state of consciousness and existence to a higher plane without a gift. reaching nirvana seems to be like pulling one's self up by one's own bootstraps: impossible.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    ashenblood wrote: »
    lolz

    seriously though, imo, this shit is not possible unless you have divine intervention. i am unsure if humans can rise from a lower state of consciousness and existence to a higher plane without a gift. reaching nirvana seems to be like pulling one's self up by one's own bootstraps: impossible.

    No no no, you have it sort of backwards, or inside out, or something like that.

    There is no 'higher self' or 'lower self'. You are the so-called "higher self", or reality itself, the whole picture, the whole happening. The "self" is just an illusion, just a game. There is no self to be pulled up. There is no ladder to climb, there is no self to climb it. You are already there, just drop the 'you' part. Once you realize it's only a sort of illusion, it ceases to be any sort of problem.

  • ashenbloodashenblood Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    interesting :)
  • ChiChi Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I love Obbe. I want him in and around my mouth. He's like the rationally and poetically reassuring response to Greyfox and ate; eloquent and bullshit free.
  • DevotionDevotion Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2010
  • KundaLiniKundaLini Regular
    edited September 2010
    Anyone have a summary or response?
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited September 2010
    KundaLini wrote: »
    Anyone have a summary or response?

    Watch the video I posted.
  • ChiChi Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    spazz wrote: »
    can I get a tl/dr?

    If you can't maintain your attention span long enough to read through a few paragraphs, then the write-up probably wouldn't benefit you much anyway.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    The part about the anti christ being Christianity is just:facepalm: That is not biblically sound at all.
  • ChiChi Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    The part about the anti christ being Christianity is just:facepalm: That is not biblically sound at all.

    I'm going to troll people by pretending I'm an esoteric fundamentalist Christian with ridiculous beliefs because it's both original and funny.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Chi wrote: »
    I'm going to troll people by pretending I'm an esoteric fundamentalist Christian with ridiculous beliefs because it's both original and funny.

    Im just saying all this new age zen greyfox sounding stuff is bullshit.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited September 2010
    ^Bullshit is everything.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Obbe wrote: »
    ^Bullshit is everything.

    That didnt even make sense.:facepalm:
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited September 2010
  • edited December 2010
    Chi wrote: »
    I'm going to troll people by pretending I'm an esoteric fundamentalist Christian with ridiculous beliefs because it's both original and funny.

    I lol'd hard at this witty reply
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited December 2010
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited April 2011
Sign In or Register to comment.