Targeting Users From Different Time Zones

edited September 2010 in Help and Suggestions
Any ideas for ways to target people from different time zones? It would be nice to have someone on at all times, just to keep things flowing. Problem is that a lot of our members are either from the North America, Canada or Pakistan (Dfg :D)

Reddit seems to bring in a lot of people, but a lot are still from these time zones. How about finding some way of attracting others?

Comments

• Professor ElmProfessor Elm Regular
    edited September 2010
    I dont think there is a short term solution, but as we gain more members from different regions naturally, the momentum will gather and totse will become increasingly popular as the word is spread.
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah, there is the element of natural selection :D

But how about specifically targeting these areas for a quick increase in "rest of world" members?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Well, we can target different time zones easily. But I doubt we can have users from those regions in such a short time. I haven't thought about this in detail but I believe you have to target people via content. I believe if we publish or raise awareness about a certain subject which is hot topic in some xyz Country we can get traffic from those areas.

[btw I haven't slept much and I am fucked at this point]
  • edited September 2010
    That's actually a really good idea. I think I'll start digging up some news articles and things from various countries :D
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Gimme a sec and I'll move to China :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Btw after reddit, slashdot is my next target :P, you guys better prepare for flood of tech
  • edited September 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Btw after reddit, slashdot is my next target :P, you guys better prepare for flood of tech

Fuck yeah, that sounds great :D