Bush (shrubbery) removal

BlackOpsNinjaBlackOpsNinja Acolyte
edited October 2010 in Life
Ok so this older lady that my mom knows asked me to remove some bushes from her house. I've done some odd jobs for her in the past. Anyway, there was a huuuge thorn bush that I removed, took me a couple hours + debris removal and clean up. She also has a few smaller bushes that she wants me to remove, going to do that within a few days. My question really is how much should I charge her for all this? She's pretty much open to anything, I'll probably end up high balling her since i'm broke but I still want to be fair, though that bush was really thorny and I got all cut up and poked a bunch of times.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Ok so this older lady that my mom knows asked me to remove some bushes from her house. I've done some odd jobs for her in the past. Anyway, there was a huuuge thorn bush that I removed, took me a couple hours + debris removal and clean up. She also has a few smaller bushes that she wants me to remove, going to do that within a few days. My question really is how much should I charge her for all this? She's pretty much open to anything, I'll probably end up high balling her since i'm broke but I still want to be fair, though that bush was really thorny and I got all cut up and poked a bunch of times.

For free out of the kindness of your heart? Perhaps $25-30 depending on how strenuous it was (if it was, you're a pussy unless it's uber hot). If it was boiling, perhaps $40. fuck, if I were the employer in this situation, unless you're bushwhacking to the utmost degree, like clearing out a lot, you have a job only worth so much to the right person. Also, would you care to define "huge?"

EDIT: Also in regards to the thorns, they're called leather gloves. If you go to the right place, you can find them for a dollar or two. Try hardware and/or industrial supplies.
  • CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
    edited July 2010
    Two hours of work + huge thorny bush(es) + debris clean up = $40-$50 depending on number of bushes, the typical rate for the area, and just how much of a pain in the ass it was.
  • edited August 2010
    Crazzyass wrote: »
    Two hours of work + huge thorny bush(es) + debris clean up = $40-$50 depending on number of bushes, the typical rate for the area, and just how much of a pain in the ass it was.

^ Tree-lopper.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited October 2010
    Dude, a pair of leather gloves and a chainsaw would take care of that crap in the matter of a half hour. And maybe a spade to get the roots.
  • CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
    edited October 2010
    ^ Tree-lopper.

Indeed sir. While all the other kids were working shitty minimum wage jobs, I was setting my own hours and getting paid exponentially more. :cool:

It's the best job a high school kid can get. I recommend the OP keep pursuing business after this.
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited October 2010
    $20...if you want to keep up this line of work, refrences are a must. Don't screw her over.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    if you really do need the cash, hint that you will trim her 'other' shrubbery.