What was Totse to you?

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
This thread was lost when the move occured. I can't remmeber you created it but I thought it was an important thread that needes a reboot.

Totse was an eye opener to me. I thought the world was small but Totse showed the light. Thanks to Totse I am not moved by religion or care for my fellow ignorant countrymen.

I am a guy who likes to seek information, who wants to do something good in this world. Something this fucked of world will be thankful for. I am here to share my knowledge and my culture with people whom I trust. The information I have isn't new but Totse makes it special. I want to be a part of this community and makesure it makes it out on the Internet as a beacon of hope and information the likes this world has forgotten.

If you're using Lazarus Add-on for Firefox all your posts are already backed up and you can restore them by going to Add-on, Lazarus and the in options look for Search.

Comments

• MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    surprisingly, i didnt learn much from totse.

but i guess it made me a better critical thinker. its also opened up my sense of humor a bit
  • Dog BoyDog Boy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    It was a place to vent, and speak with like minded (read: fucked up and free thinking) people.

I believe it played an important part in shaping me in my fragile teenage years.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    A beacon of knowledge where I had not expected to find knowledge.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    Totse has been with me for as long as I can remember (mainly because totse made me huff raid so I can't remember anything beforehand). I've been with you guys since 2004. Sure, people have come and gone... but these people are still inside me. I laugh at tr1p's nose when I'm feeling down, and I have a warmness in my heart when I think of how cool ytter_man was (who sadly passed away in the great totse fashion of suicide).

You guys are my best friends... And I know some of you may be thinking... "haha Blunderful you loser, this is just an Internet forum!". But no... I'm not talking about an Internet forum here. This is a community of people I grew up with. And whether we be posting on totse, or zoklet or even the damage done... We can all relate to each other. And I hope in 50 years, I hope we're still in contact.

I don't care if the mods are being retarded, and I don't care if we're making the crappiest posts in the world. We're a community of people and I owe you guys so much. My happiest memories were talking to you guys after a long day of detention-ridden school, and pissing off Meta.

I don't get the feeling of togetherness I get with other people anywhere else, even in real life. Greyfox, toothlessjoe, rainycity, brandon, batgirl and her roastbeef... These people all make who I am today. And despite our insane and loser-like qualities, I don't see ourselves as just that. I see ourselves as a strong group of people always there for each other, whether it be to mock or help.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Meeting similar minds, different minds, yet all sharing the objective of information, lulz and thinking. It sucks I never discovered the place earlier or during my teenage years; it would've helped me quite a lot then.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    "A place where all types of ideas could be spoken, traded, and exchanged, where no topic was off-limits or forbidden."

&T raped/shaped my life. For me, it started as a quest for knowledge about drugs/life/lust/love/etc. Ever since Jeff called it quits, I've been hoping a site would come along that had even a little bit of &T's vision. The closest I came to was Zoklet, which still wasn't good enough.

I'm here because no site has been able to offer me what totse had, the community is like my family, and because I think we can pull it off.

<3 Lazarus
  • edited July 2010
    Like I said before, I slapped myself a little bit for not signing up when I used to lurk here. Learned a lot though, this place is great.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    The epitome of knowledge.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2010
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited July 2010
    When I found TOTSE when I was like 14, I only got a kick from the text files, and that was like the holy grail of everything forbidden (and old). Now it's just... a part of me. It's a culture and way of life in a strange way.
  • Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited July 2010
    I loved &T because the members were close. And especially cause they CLOSED the god damn regs. I hope we do that here for a few months at some point.
  • edited July 2010
    I learned a shitload, its been a major help for me in school due to huge amounts of background knowledge, politics, and drugs mainly. Reading about drugs taught me a lot of chemistry, and bad ideas taught me how to shoplift. Zoklet was a shitty "LOL" board with no real info, I really hope totseI doesnt turn into that.