Implement thanks

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
I really liked thanks. :(

Comments

• da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    I have to wholeheartedly agree. :(

I think the special thing about Totse back in the day was that usernames and egos pretty much meant fuck all, everything was about the post; gathering information.

Things like thanks and rep increase egos and make usernames start to become as important as the messages they post. It becomes less about trading information, and serve just to increase people's e-dicks. It detracts from the whole experience.

Also, it turns into one big faggoty circle jerk, where people are just racing to accumulate thanks. It's nice when everybody's on the same level and doesn't have to worry about shit like that.
  • vnorbertovnorberto Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    i heavely dispute that
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited July 2010
    But i like to give thanks to posts that make me laugh. It sucks to not be able to do that.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Lets keep it old school for now. We have nigger [bigger] fish to fry atm.
    edited July 2010
    But i like to give thanks to posts that make me laugh. It sucks to not be able to do that.

What's wrong with a good ole 'I loled' or 'Nice post'?

Let's not build another Zoklet and implement such faggotry.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010

Have you forgotten the days we had nothing but "+1" to show that we appreciated a post?

We're back at our roots. Bare bones. In our Birthday Suits, per se.

And I like it.
    edited July 2010
    mr.blunt wrote: »
    Have you forgotten the days we had nothing but "+1" to show that we appreciated a post?

And I like it.

+1

edit: 5char :mad:
    edited July 2010
    cant +1. Five char minimum.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited July 2010
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    wtf it was 5chars a little while ago....
    edited July 2010
    Hellish wrote: »
    +1

+1
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010

Are you sure you're not trippin, brah?
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited July 2010
    It NEVER was only 5. Min was 3.
    edited July 2010
    da teacha wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not trippin, brah?

itwas5charsiswear
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited July 2010
  • NightsideNightside Regular
    edited July 2010
    Bare bones rules.
    +1
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited July 2010
    I would like to see the thanks system implemented as well
  • edited July 2010
    I think we should keep this like totse and leave our e-penorz out of it.
    edited July 2010

+1
    edited July 2010

It's so good to hear it!
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    NO. NO THANKS.

Thanks and rep fucking suck. End it. I may not have like... 4J levels of thanks on zoklet, but I have 200+ and even I don't like them. I only use them because I feel obligated half the time. Thank with your fucking WORDS. Reputation is shitty too.

All this shit leads to is one big e-circle jerk.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited July 2010
    vnorberto wrote: »
    i heavely dispute that
    THIS.
    fuck flood control

thanks is good on zoklet, but it doesn't belong here. part of totse's charm is its plain layout, and thanks is a fucking eyesore.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    All I have to say is learn from Totse's past mistakes. We know what works and what doesn't work. We know most of the bullshit on Zoklet was retarded anyways. Did we really need new buttons? There was a bunch of things that could have been done and even those took how many months to implement.

Lets Keep It Simple and move forward. Right now the way things are now is getting people back into the groove as if the past 15 months were just a dream. Lets build off it. That's my two cents though.
  • CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited July 2010
    NO FUCKING THANKS :mad:

Zoklet is only a short step above facebook; this place should be about information, not pissing contests.
  • HippieTrippieHippieTrippie Regular
    edited July 2010
    As much as I liked the thanks system, I agree its a no. This isn't Zoklet, this isn't about numbers and posters, like said before, its about the posts and their content.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I am glad the majority is sensible about this.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited July 2010
    As much as I liked the thanks system, I agree its a no. This isn't Zoklet, this isn't about numbers and posters, like said before, its about the posts and their content.
    this.
    Caesar wrote: »
    NO FUCKING THANKS :mad:

Zoklet is only a short step above facebook; this place should be about information, not pissing contests.
    Also this.
    LSA King wrote: »
    All I have to say is learn from Totse's past mistakes. We know what works and what doesn't work. We know most of the bullshit on Zoklet was retarded anyways. Did we really need new buttons? There was a bunch of things that could have been done and even those took how many months to implement.

There weren't any real mistakes, other then not listening to user input, and doing the bare minimum to keep the site running.
    Lets Keep It Simple and move forward. Right now the way things are now is getting people back into the groove as if the past 15 months were just a dream. Lets build off it. That's my two cents though.
    also also this.
    THIS.
    fuck flood control

thanks is good on zoklet, but it doesn't belong here. part of totse's charm is its plain layout, and thanks is a fucking eyesore.
    This too. Thanks is a zoklet thing. This site is about getting back to totses roots the best we can.
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    NO. NO THANKS.

Thanks and rep fucking suck. End it. I may not have like... 4J levels of thanks on zoklet, but I have 200+ and even I don't like them. I only use them because I feel obligated half the time. Thank with your fucking WORDS. Reputation is shitty too.

All this shit leads to is one big e-circle jerk.
    Rep on &t was fun, but I agree.
    +1
    Also this.
    Nightside wrote: »
    Bare bones rules.
    +1
    And this
    +1
    Hellish wrote: »
    It NEVER was only 5. Min was 3.
    I thyought it was 5 on totse.
    +1
    old school
    +1
    also old school
    I have to wholeheartedly agree. :(

I think the special thing about Totse back in the day was that usernames and egos pretty much meant fuck all, everything was about the post; gathering information.

Things like thanks and rep increase egos and make usernames start to become as important as the messages they post. It becomes less about trading information, and serve just to increase people's e-dicks. It detracts from the whole experience.

Also, it turns into one big faggoty circle jerk, where people are just racing to accumulate thanks. It's nice when everybody's on the same level and doesn't have to worry about shit like that.
    This. I thought I sucked because I barely got any rep/ thanks, but I realized that its not about that. Its about the information, and sharing that should be "free", and not just because you expect something in return. If you have nothing to contribute, don't post.
    I agree, its easier to bink a button, but I think you should be a little more personal than that.
    Dfg wrote: »
    Lets keep it old school for now. We have nigger [bigger] fish to fry atm.
    Its not a race or a contest. Its all about information, and free, easy access to it. I belive every site has something to contribute.
    What's wrong with a good ole 'I loled' or 'Nice post'?
    this
    Let's not build another Zoklet and implement such faggotry.
    Zoklet has/had its place. Its a shame that Zok seems to have forgot its original purpose, but that's water under the bridge.
    this

And I like it.
    Ultimately, this, although I can't speak for pre 2006 totse, although if I had internet access before then, I would have been a member.

Also, I'm a bit drunk, so sorry if my posts don't make sense.
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited July 2010
    words

This.
  • edited July 2010
    v0x wrote: »
    this.

do it nao!!!!