Make Your Hair Stay In Place and/or Spike It

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited October 2010 in Life

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Interesting guide here. I like the idea of that hair glue shit - I used to use gel and it didn't work very well at all. Good stuff!
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    Gel always sucked for me. It made my hair crusty, flaked off and never provided a good hold. This stuff provides what I call a "dry" hold. It doesn't make your hair look wet or greasy. It also has the best hold of any hair product I've ever tried, and I've tried pretty much all the ones you can buy at the supermarket and several from salons.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited September 2010
    Back when I used to spike my hair, I used that Ice Spiker stuff. Its a bitch to wash out, but you could go swimming and it wouldnt affect it at all. Shit can't be good for your hair though. It comes in a bunch of colors too, if you're looking to color your hair. IIRC red, white, blue, green, purple, and blonde.
    edited September 2010
    Yeah I forgot about the colors. I used to use blue and orange all the time. Oh the late 90s :(

Anyway, it's actually not bad for your hair. It has seaweed or kelp and a bunch of other shit in it that's supposed to be good for your hair. Plus it's not really damaging the hair, just holding it in place. It washes out easily with shampoo if you follow my guide and don't slather it on with a trowel. Bleaching hair would be far more damaging. Aside from that most guys cut their hair every 6-8 weeks so it won't matter for the long term.
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited October 2010
    I demand pics of the hairstyle, or I'm calling guido on this whole shebang. Sounds pretty fucking guido to me.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Dude I have a mohawk and spike it with copious amounts of hairspray and blow drying.
    edited October 2010
    I demand pics of the hairstyle, or I'm calling guido on this whole shebang. Sounds pretty fucking guido to me.

Guidos use gel, not styling glue.
    edited October 2010
    I prefer to use this when my hair is 1-2'' long. If your hair is too long it just looks :facepalm:
  • imawolfrawrimawolfrawr Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    I have a mohawk that's 8 inches when I stand it up straight and use a combination of Got2B glued hair glue, and got2b glued freezing spray. Makes it stand up for 3 days no problem, just have to fix the back from sleeping. It also stays erect at 55 mph winds. You gotta be quick with the freezing spray though, it gets rock fucking hard within 30 seconds of spraying it on your hair.