Creatine (afuckingain)

edited July 2010 in Life
Do you use? Like it? How you take it brahs?

Comments

• L33tzL33tz Regular
    edited July 2010
    I dont think it makes much of a difference.

Ive been gaining a pound every 2 days just eating food. works well
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't do it ether, food is more important.

If you do it be sure to cycle off properly, and take proper doses, shit can fuck up your kidneys.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't take it.
  • edited July 2010
    L33tz wrote: »
    I dont think it makes much of a difference.

Ive been gaining a pound every 2 days just eating food. works well

You can only expect to get about .5 pounds of muscle a week. So lifting at your hardest you probably are gaining still about 3 pounds of worthless blubbery unusable fat. Why?
  • weathersweathers Regular
    edited July 2010
    IT depends what level you're at. If you're just starting out with weights you really don't need to be forking out tonnes of cash on supplements.

Personally, I think if you really want some kind of supplement a good quality protein powder is all you need.
    With a proper, balanced diet you should get all the proteins, carbs and fats you need.
  • L33tzL33tz Regular
    edited July 2010
    You can only expect to get about .5 pounds of muscle a week. So lifting at your hardest you probably are gaining still about 3 pounds of worthless blubbery unusable fat. Why?
    ill just stop and work it all into muscle. dont worry im not fat.
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited July 2010
    L33tz wrote: »
    ill just stop and work it all into muscle.
    This is impossible.

Anyway, I've done two creatine monohydrate cycles. I've found them to be mildly helpful. There are mixed results in the literature, so I suggest you just try it out for yourself. You can get a cycle for under $15 these days.
  • Agent 008Agent 008 Regular
    edited July 2010

Because it's easier to do it this way, than to micro-manage your food intake.

This way you can also make sure you are maximizing your muscle mass gains.
  • ProtopangraphyProtopangraphy New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    The efficiency of creatine can be improved by taking it with nitric oxide.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm on about day 8 of creatine, and I find it a definite boost to muscle endurance, cheap as shit too. Feels good brah.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited July 2010
    Creatine has been proven in many studies to be effective. (ill find them if you want them)
    I have used monohydrate but did not like how i gained water weight also. It does go away once you stop using it though. Creatine is just like any other supplement, what works for you might not work for others.

btw- water weight is just a side effect of monohydrate; most people think that all that creatine does it force water into your muscle.

Here is a good site for information about creatine-http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/creatine%20myths%20and_facts.htm

Recently ive purchased kre-alkaline creatine from vitamin shoppe. I have seen little to no water weight that i can notice. I have seen some strength gains, and ive gained about 5 pounds in two weeks on it. So far i am satisfied.
  • TripleDotTripleDot New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    I find creatine most effective to be taken intra workout as a replenishment drink, especially during extended cardio sessions. If I remember correctly, Creatine helps to recycle ATP that your mitochondria burn for energy, so drinking it during a workout allows for longer, more intense sessions.

As AlbinoEthiopian said, the weight gain is just water weight, and it dissappears about 2-3 weeks after you stop taking it.
  • minor69nerminor69ner Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    TripleDot wrote: »
    it dissappears about 2-3 weeks after you stop taking it.

Possibly even less. I find taking it PWO decreases the water weight vis-a-vis spread out.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited July 2010
    So do you guys cycle your creatine? What do you think the best way to cycle it if you do?

I do not cycle it since i am on kre-alkaline