I hate developers

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
They take perfectly good land and ruin it. Within the past 5 years I've seen 3 perfectly peascful forests demolished, the land plowed, and houses put up. Not a tree in sight. The houses aren't even good either. They're all planned out in such a way that every building is within 30 yards of another, they all look EXACTLY THE SAME, and they aren't even built well.

These IDENTICAL big houses are built with pressboard and low grade pine. The outside is shinkwraped and covered in that dull gray plastic siding. They will definately last no more than 25 years. Bricks are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. If they are found, they are cheap plaster things on the front of the house only. WTF?

What really pisses me off is they cut down all the huge trees. I like neighborhoods with trees in front of the houses, not only for aesthetic reasons but also for "i don't want to see my neighbors every day reasons.

I mean really they suck. Look at this:

new-neighborhood-street.jpg

Oh yeah come see my new home. Just stay quiet after 8:00, don't park in the street, no music, no dogs, no cats, oh an the neighbor next door sleeps during the day so stay quiet in the pool. Oh also, don't leave anything in sight of the neighbors. After 11:00 you better be in because the nice policemen patrol to keep our community safe. Guns? Oh no no no no no they have no place in modern america.

Better:

2406250196_285e1b493c.jpg

Don't play music at 120dB past 12 AM, except for the occasional party. Light off as many fireworks/make as much noise as you want during the day, and sure you can have a pile of junk on the side of your house. Neighbors that sleep during the day aren't friends with us, so don't worry about that. Also, don't worry about throwing a ball at the house because it won't fall apart. Do you hunt? I got a big buck last season. Oh and don't worry about staying out late because the cops won't bother you.

And another thing, developers make plazas that never get used. One was built near me, and it's been empty for five years! One building was BUILT BACKWARD, windows facing a 30 foot brick wall. WTF? I've thought about trashing the place at times so they'll demolish it. One slingshot and some ninja rocks and I could crack every window within 5 minutes.

Comments

• stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    this thread is making me physically ill. I fucking hate humanity

this is my first semester of university and i walk to school daily. A hospital is being built close by and for the first 12weeks i would walk past thinking

"my god, the intricate detail is so complex its fascinating - so much co-ordinated effort blah blah"

until on the 13 week i thought

"shit, we're fucking bacteria - only we have the subjective narration to keep us sane"
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    It's sad. Especially when there are so many well-built vacant houses.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    Normally I hate most environmentalists but I have to agree. This is unrelated but it kind of sickens me how there isnt a single piece of land some fucker dosnt own.
    edited October 2010
    Nah, there's still a lot of unclaimed land, but it's in alaska/northern canada/antarcitca/greenland/russian tundra.
    Pick one, cold, cold, cold or cold.

As for the other land, even nice sportsmen people who own hundreds of acres in NY for example can't sell it to anyone except a developer since the taxes are so high.
  • AltindAltind Regular
    edited October 2010
    yay for cookie-cutter homes.

Though why doesn't the gubberment turn those forests into national parks (or protect them some way or another) and prevent them from being developed? State governments here withhold land from developers in order to slow down or put halt urban sprawl. Doesn't always work well though. :p
    edited October 2010
    Because they'd rather make dumb laws...

One of the most recent is that every street sign written in ALL CAPS has to be replaced with one written Normal Like. It's going to cost my state 22 million dollars.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010

One of the most recent is that every street sign written in ALL CAPS has to be replaced with one written Normal Like. It's going to cost my state 22 million dollars.

You know we have over 66 million laws in this country? Fucked up isn't it?
  • AltindAltind Regular
    edited October 2010

what the fuck :eek: that's ludicrous
    edited October 2010
    Anything to waste taxpayer's money.
  • AltindAltind Regular
    edited October 2010
    urban sprawl ftw.>