Dogs and Cats

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited October 2010 in Life
I don't mind dogs, but I wouldn't want one as a pet. Why? Well for one they smell. Another reason is they bark at everything that moves outside. One further reason is they are not soft. When a cat jumps on you when your on the couch it's like a teddy bear, but dogs feel "hard," like an overstuffed hard salami in a fur coat.

Also, cats can be taught where they live, and once they know that they'll always come back. If you let outside for a few hours every day you aslo don't need to worry about shit. The cat will do its thing while it plays outside and you never have to clean a litter box. You'll need to let it out to play or it'll follow you and meow every time your near the door. Not too big of an issue though.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    I have a dog, and never wanted a cat. Cats aren't going to greet you as much as a dog does when you come home or wake up in the morning. To me, a pet would be fun to play with. Cats hardly play. Plus dogs don't mind taking baths :D
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    I have 2 dogs:hai: There both boxers and I love them. Greatest pets ever. Dogs are better than cats. Cats suck when I see my dogs I :hai::hai::hai:
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Cats aren't going to greet you as much as a dog does when you come home or wake up in the morning. To me, a pet would be fun to play with. Cats hardly play. Plus dogs don't mind taking baths :D

Calicos are. They are the friendliest cats ever. Mine always greets me in the morning, and falls asleep with me at night. Hell I can't sit down without it sitting next to me. Also the cat runs to me when I come home (it wants to go out)

Cats definitely play, but you need to play with it as a kitten or it won't have any interest as an adult. Lasers, feathers on a string, anything of that sort are toys to them. A string on a ceiling fan gets them going too.

Cats bathe themselves. Some like water though.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't understand how you can compare the two species.

Which is a better 'Pet'? That depends on what definition and the type of lifestyle you wish the animal to adapt to.

I exercise frequently and I'm into some illegal shit, for me, a larger bread of dog is a far more applicable pet then a cuddly kitty. My decision is based upon the need for a very active, intelligent, obedient and physically dominating guard dog. However, I currently share my home with a very pussy (smaller) dog and a cat - I appreciate both for their own qualities and I can certainly see why they there is a market for these animals.

oh and I also care for a koala but due to Australian law, it's not exactly a 'pet'. But he lives in my home, i care for him just as I do my other pets and he's stuck around for a few years now.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    Calicos are. They are the friendliest cats ever. Mine always greets me in the morning, and falls asleep with me at night. Hell I can't sit down without it sitting next to me. Also the cat runs to me when I come home (it wants to go out)

Cats definitely play, but you need to play with it as a kitten or it won't have any interest as an adult. Lasers, feathers on a string, anything of that sort are toys to them. A string on a ceiling fan gets them going too.

Cats bathe themselves. Some like water though.

Well excuse me for calling out stereotypes :mad:

Still, I prefer dogs :cool:
    edited October 2010
    Pics of koala holding totse sign, NAOW!
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    koalas are nocturnal - brah!
    edited October 2010
    So use a flash. :mad:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited October 2010
    So use a flash. :mad:

koala.jpg

I WANNA MF KOALA! :cool:

I have both. Cat and dog, best of friends. Cat follows the dog everywhere and the dog bails up any wild cat or stray dog hassling it.
    edited October 2010
    Seriously, pix plz.