Why am I so nice?

MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
To anyone really. I mean, I can be mean on the internet but only to an extent, and it's mostly just arguing..I can never actually strive to hurt someones feelings. It really makes things complicated for me. With my friends, or anyone I meet, I'm a complete pushover. I'll always be the one to sacrifice something for the other person to be happy. A lot of people would say it's because I'm scared of being hated or whatever, but that's not even it. I only have 1 friend that I would truly be sorry for losing, everyone else is...well..expendable. Sure I wouldn't WANT to lose them but it wouldn't bother me too much. I genuinely want people to be happy, and I'm willing to sacrifice whatever to make them happy...which REALLY takes it's toll.

All I want is the ability to really fucking lash out on someone that deserves it, someone that has rubbed me the wrong way. Anytime I get angry at someone I know I'll always end up feeling bad about it and apologizing. I can't stand being this way but I really can not help it. I want to lose my temper just once and really make someone feel bad, someone that deserves it, someone that's done some pretty bad shit to me.

How do you guys do it? I never have it in me to sincerely hurt someone no matter how bad I want to.

My bad. This probably belongs in Headshrinkers.

Comments

• SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited October 2010
    Its people like you that lash out and accidently murder someone :hai: You need to balance the good and bad. I don't think that anyone can truly be nice 100% of the time, even if they want to. Its pretty much human nature to need good and bad thoughts in them, its just what you choose to listen to that makes you who you are.

It seems as if you bottle your anger and don't react to it when it presents itself. This could be the reason you're so nice, and the reason you want to cause harm to someone that has done you wrong.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm sorta like you, I don't care to get mad about things. But if you really want to, you just need to find something that angers you.

Take this for example:

cat-in-cage.jpg

A KITTEN IN A CAGE? NOW I AM FURIOUS :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited October 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Its people like you that lash out and accidently murder someone :hai: You need to balance the good and bad. I don't think that anyone can truly be nice 100% of the time, even if they want to. Its pretty much human nature to need good and bad thoughts in them, its just what you choose to listen to that makes you who you are.

It seems as if you bottle your anger and don't react to it when it presents itself. This could be the reason you're so nice, and the reason you want to cause harm to someone that has done you wrong.

Oh I definitely have angry/hateful thoughts about plenty of people. Also I don't necessarily want to physically harm anyone, I just want to really fucking hurt someones feelings about the shit they've done. When I come into contact with a person that I know I'm angry with, that I know has wronged me, I'll lose all of my anger when I'm in their presence and everything is fine. It's fucking weird.

Rarely though, very fucking rarely, I'll actually get angry in someones company. But that takes a lot to happen.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited October 2010
    So are you afraid to actually unleash your anger on them, or you just lose it for no apparent reason?

What type of person would you say you are IRL? Loud, quiet, cocky, etc.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited October 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    So are you afraid to actually unleash your anger on them, or you just lose it for no apparent reason?

What type of person would you say you are IRL? Loud, quiet, cocky, etc.

My anger just goes away. It's like nothing ever happened in the first place.

And I'm a very quiet person who much prefers (most of the time) being alone than with people. However I have friends, it's really only a select few that I actually enjoy hanging out with. I have one friend who I have absolutely no problem being around all of the time, this kid has been my best friend for 7 years now. The other...I'd say three are just people that if they invite me to hang out with I'll go most of the time to drink and stuff. But the third tier of friends, the friends of the friends that are in the group when everyone gets together..are the people that I really wouldn't give a shit to associate with ever. Anyone else probably won't get a word out of me for a long time.