Anyone wanna play free mmo with me? (eq)

Princess 'ZekPrincess 'Zek Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I'm just starting out again 'cause they wiped server before and then I quit for a long time. It's more fun with friends! :D

EverQuest PvP :o

I'll teach you how to play and laugh when you get PK'd. :)

Comments

• Princess 'ZekPrincess 'Zek Regular
    edited July 2010
    You can be a scary troll shadow knight, a nimble elven bard or even a lizard person thing necromancer :o
  • GiomanachGiomanach Regular
    edited July 2010
    You redefine faggotry.
    edited July 2010
    i can't decide what to play as this time!

i could be a halfling paladin, a dark elf cleric or a... half elf warrior? maybe even a mage :o
  • TurkishDelightTurkishDelight Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    the only good system for character development is D&D
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    I always get bored with MMOs after a month or two.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2010
    since when was eq free?
    edited July 2010
    since when was eq free?

I was wondering this too...
    edited July 2010
    emulator :o

watch in 480
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2010
    is the server playerbase big? i never played eq back in the day. is there a strong learning curve?
    edited July 2010
    Hmm, well if its free. Not like I have a life or anything...
    edited July 2010
    It's big for an emu server :( like 250 on primetime

Learning curve.. I dunno, it might be hard. I could show you around.
    edited July 2010
    need eq titanium first, i can link you a torrent if you need
    edited July 2010
    Already downloading.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2010
    Fuck it, I'll play too.

Downloading now.
    edited July 2010
    Its not bad, i feel like it would be way more fun playing in a group though.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Play Dungeon Fighter Online. The best MMORPG EVER.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    EQ is shitty.

Play a real MMO.
    edited July 2010
    DaSkipper wrote: »
    Play Dungeon Fighter Online. The best MMORPG EVER.

I played for a while back when it was in Beta... The fatigue system was SO gay.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Paco wrote: »
    I played for a while back when it was in Beta... The fatigue system was SO gay.

Agreed.

There aren't many good MMO's other than Eve Online. :o
    edited July 2010
    sta - hp
    str - useless, except for carrying more stuff. Not useful in combat.
    agi - some ac, defense stuff, not too important really
    dex - high dex means more weapon procs when you get weapons with procs
    wis - mana for priest casters, paladin, ranger
    int - mana for robe caster, sk
    cha - only used by bards and enchanters for charm spells

warrior, monk, rogue - as many into sta as possible, if any left go dex
    sk - all into sta (or if you are high sta race like ogre, troll, all points into int)
    paladin - all into sta
    ranger - all into sta
    druid, cleric, shaman - as many into wis as can, then sta (shammies may want a little more sta, because they eat their hps into mana with cannibalize)
    enchanter, necro, mage, wizard - as many into int as possible, rest into sta (MAYBE str if you wanna carry more shit in your bags, but really hp > carrying capacity imo)
    edited July 2010
    resists (magic, fire, cold, poison, disease) are very very important too. can't put points into at start but i wish we could :(
    edited July 2010
    melee damage is determined by class, ATK, skill levels (1hs, double attack, dual wield, etc.), level, and weapon. and stats and skills and such of opponent :o
    edited July 2010
    I have no fucking clue what I'm doing... I'm still in my home town and I dont know WTF to do...
    edited July 2010
    lol sorry. I've been having like a mental breakdown again, spending most of my time crying/high outta my mind.

http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/neriak.html

If you're still sk you don't have to worry about too much before leaving town. I don't remember if they were doing level 9 for hybrid spells, or going with the newer level 1 system. If they are doing level 1 (if you have a blue mana bar), you need to find the SK trainer, right click and put 1 point into meditate. You can spend the rest of your points if you want as well, it doesn't really matter. All the other skills you start with go up without having a point placed into them, med won't.

use link above to get to nek forest. Dark Elf city of Neriak is one of the coolest cities, and prolly the easiest to get lost in. Once you find nek forest, you won't have to venture far from the guards to kill things for exp. Starting out in eq is slow, just how it is. Real fun doesn't start for a bit.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040604234046/eq.crgaming.com/creationguides/skills/default.asp?class=shadowknight

See above, at level 6 you will need to return to SK trainer to put 1 point into bash. Bash is a shield skill that does a tiny bit of damage, adds agro and sometimes interrupts spell casting, very useful.

SK skills. FYI skill cap formula until you hit the first hard cap is level * 5 + 5. Have taunt and harm touch buttons on hotkey thingy. Should press taunt every time it ungreys when in battle, to skill up with it. Harm Touch is a massive instant cast DD spell unique to shadow knights, refreshes in 72 minutes. Use in emergencies or for fun, VERY useful in pvp.

As for your spells.. there is a group of NPCs standing around somewhere in Neriak that sell them. It's made a lot easier on this server than live was back in the day, all level 1-20 spells for every class are available in that large group of NPCs. Under their names it will say like (Shadow Knight Spell Merchant) or whatever. As a SK, you need to check SK AND Necro spell vendors. A bit tedious, but hold right click on each spell to see what level/if you get the spells. There aren't THAT many. Before you can buy spells though, you will need cash - go kill things in nek.

i think the spell vendors in neriak can be found in neriak 3rd gate, by the Cleric guild. Ask in /shout if you need help finding them, and ignore any asshats in chat.

After buying spells (you may start with 1 or 2 in inventory), you need to put them in your spellbook. Ctrl + B (B for book) brings up your spellbook, and makes your character sit down. Then you gotta pick up a spell from inventory and click it into a spot in your book where you wanna place it. Once the spell is in your book, it's in there for good unless you delete it. No need to buy the same spell again. And you can then left click spell from book, and left click spell slot on the left where you wanna put the spell. You are limited to 8 spells at a time, but once med skill increases switching spells out is really fast.

i'm gonna sleep for a very long time now. any more questions ask here i will check back and be in game to help sometime maybe sorry
    edited July 2010
    if you still can't find spell merchants once you get some money, go out into nek forest and hug the wall until you zone into EC (will cross a river). From there, hug THAT left wall until you zone into freeport, then just run straight into freeport and the freeport spell merchants should be right there. Don't go too far into Freeport, as a dark elf (especially SK) you are kill on sight to many npcs.

freeport is one of the human cities

http://web.archive.org/web/20040607105047/eq.crgaming.com/spells/spells.asp?Class=SK

^rough list of SK spells, is outdated and the emu server people prolly changed the levels around and added new spells. I think you get spells starting at level 1, not 9.