Cool mindfuck type image.

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited November 2010 in Life
This drawing seems to be a normal depiction of a shipwreck on an island, but if you put a cylindrical mirror in a certain place... you'll see Jules Verne portrait...

"This method is not unprecedented, within my own oeuvre nor in art history. Since an exhibition in Venice in 1987, it has been called the Arcimboldo-effect after the sixteenth-century Milanese painter, Giuseppe Arcimboldo. What you see is "an image within an image" or a "picture of paranoia", a title suggested by Salvador Dalí, who had an important role in the rediscovery of Arcimboldo in the twentieth century. My early works applying this technique are actually references to Dalí, Albrecht Dürer, who also drew portraits hidden within landscapes, and M.C. Escher, who was not strictly speaking a designer of "ambiguous" pictures but reference to him is justified by his many experiments with geometrical complexes with multiple viewpoints. These works of mine are not real anamorphoses, because the angle of viewing does not have to be changed in order to make a new picture emerge; this is achieved by changing the distance from which the piece is viewed. From close up, details dominate (thus viewed, my etching Dürer in the Forest is simply a landscape) while from far-off, you get a more complex impression of the whole picture and a portrait of Albrecht Dürer emerges. Instead of moving a step further or closer you can narrow your eyes and the whole portrait prevails over the details. The situation becomes a bit more complicated if it is not the viewer but the picture that changes its 'point of view'. In my illustration Mysterious Island, there is a seashore with a sail pushed along by the wind. But if the image is turned upside down, a portrait of Jules Verne, my favourite childhood author, appears."

Orosz István
was born in 1951 and after training as a graphic designer, he first gained recognition as a stage designer and for his work in animated film as animator and director. His posters and graphic art have featured in countless international design exhibitions, and he is well-known as a printmaker and illustrator too. He is perhaps best known for his renewal of the technique of anamorphosis.
seQQE.jpg

uXNO4.jpg

Comments