DfgDfg Admin
edited December 2010 in Spurious Generalities

Avatar Extended Edition - all three DVDs

Just making a direct thread since I can't find my old thread about this movie. I think no one created an AVATAR THREAD!

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    I bought the first version that came out. It's just the movie and no bullshit. This one is going to be way more compressed, despite having 3 discs, and it's DVD, not blu-ray :o
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited December 2010
    havent seen it, same plot as pocahontos, rite?

edited December 2010
    It's decent and worth watching for the picture quality. Oddly enough the 3 disc set is supposedly just as good picture and audio quality as the first release, despite being more compressed. Oh well. That's what blu-ray.com had to say anyway. I'm still happy with the theatrical version. It looks insane on an hdtv.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    Such a shit movie:facepalm: It was just a shitty space version of Dances with wolves.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited December 2010
    i also found it is glaringly similar to The Last Samurai
  • jaconjacon Acolyte
    edited December 2010
    Mantikore wrote: »
    i also found it is glaringly similar to The Last Samurai

Yeah I watched it like "cool, when will the sword fighting begin". And yes the graphics are great, but the rest of it is shit.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    From what i've heard, it's not as good as it was hyped up to be. My friends tell me that the only good part was the graphics :/

The other thing is the movie is blatantly anti white. It's all white American marines "oppressing the poor natives". Also it just has to be muds who turn on the whites to help the aliens. It was one of the more anti white movies made in recent years imo so fuck avatar.
    edited December 2010
    Yeah it's basically The Last Samurai, Dances with Wolves, and Pocahontas all over again. The graphics are amazing though. The picture and audio quality are top notch.