Help running Morrowind.

edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Yeah, it's an old game, but it's my favorite. And I finally have my chance to play it in widescreen. I am using Daemon tools lite to mount the ISO files, and installing according to the directions, all of them. But every time I try to run it I either get a window saying that it could not find a file, "snowflake"blah blah. Or if I re-install after that point and run it, I get a bunch of error messages on the game screen and it crashes.

The same shit runs fine on my craptop, but too slow and jerky to be any real fun. I am using W7 the one I want to run it on uses Vista.

I have tried it in various running environments, and tried a bunch of updates and patches as well. Same shit.

I am going to try burning it and playing it from disk as soon as I buy a stack, but till then, because I am broke, any tips? I use DaemonTL all the time and have no problems, so I think it might be a directory error, because it installs to the x86 program files. Is it looking for shit in the regular program files directory?

C/O
"believe it or not, I am the tech guy in my IRL peer group, welcome to your Carlsberg years.

Comments