TOTSE needs to stick it to the man.

edited February 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Y'know how we're all about the promotion and encouragement of free information? Y'know how we're also trying to modernize our information and generate relevant guides? I think we should combine these two aspects and start putting together information which "they" don't want you to know. I guess you could say it's an updated form of Bad Ideas, except instead of offering information about making a dry ice bomb, we offer information about things which law enforcements, security companies and governments don't want you to know.

Fuck, that was a massive ramble as I was watching TV at the same time. I'm not sure what I'm exactly trying to say here, but I think that an alternate type of information would be cool.

How to bypass the newest type of security, how to destroy the latest type of surveillance cameras, etc.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    I support this and I think it's quite possible the most logical approach.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    How to fight the revolution eh :).
  • edited February 2011
    I would like to participate in making a guide on forming doomsday cults, it seems like a very lucrative business, and we are a temple after all.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    This reminds me of the "Guides 2.0" idea I posted ;) I will keep my eye out for ideas. What sucks is those who are successful are always ahead of their time. We need to find faults in the current system. There are countless ones, it's just we are too blind or conditioned thus missing them.

Think out the box, people.

Also just randomly, was chatting to my Counsellor (she's more of a "anything pissed you off? No? Sweet, well, email me if something gets you down" type) but anyway, she asked me what is the easiest way to wind me up.

"Television" I responded, "Oh, and newspapers"

"How do you live?" she said
    "I don't, I suppose. But then again, it's quite nice. How do you live with yourself after watching hours of crap and reading depressing stories in the Daily Mail?" I replied.

And I walked out of there like a badass.
  • edited February 2011
    LordWorm just posted this in another thread, which I thought was brilliant;
    So, what do you guys suppose we should do to 'modernize' a site like Totse?

IMO, the original Totse was based around 4 central topics: Drugs, hacking, small scale crime, and explosives. It's going to be difficult to introduce anything fresh into any of these topics without making them too complicated for mass appeal. Some possible ideas:

Hacking - Work on exploiting security flaws in the large social networking sites like Facebook. For every 100 faggots who treat those sites like their lifeline, there's at least one person who fucking hates them and will be tempted to Google "How to hack Facebook" or "Hacking Facebook passwords".

Crime - Work on up to date methods for popular crimes: Shoplifting, commercial B&E, targeted vandalism, etc.. New methods for defeating EAS, perhaps a magic bag type device that actually works, a guide on creating homemade versions of popular Sensormatic detachers, and vehicle destruction techniques that actually work (None of this 'KMnO4 in the gas tank' type bullshit Totse had for 15 years).

Explosives - This is an area I'm currently in the process of working on. Guides for making useful OTC explosives will be created when I have free time away from college.

Drugs are not my area and I barely have a working knowledge of that topic, so someone else will have to figure that one out.

Let's get this shit happening

It's true - we need this sort of content. No one cares about writing bomb guides any more because that information is already EVERYWHERE. We need to modernize. That said, bomb guides can still be written up and posted under the new "stick it to the man" rules in my OP. Just pretend the bomb guide is for terrorism purposes :D