Romantic songs, love em' or hate em'?

edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Right now, I am in the good part of a relationship, so I love em'. Damd' near brought a tear to my eye, this one.

But at other times in my life, it would have been like eating an overcooked arsenic and vasoline sandwich.

So where are you now?

C/O
"just another fool"

Comments

• KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited February 2011
    I don't really like the sweet romantic songs, I like mean love songs where something happens to one of the people as in they die or something else fucked up like a miscarriage or their relationships is just completely wrong. My girlfriend like this song.

• RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited February 2011
    ^^^^^
    Fuck. Conner. Oberst. That ungrateful little shit doesn't deserve any of the fame he got. His voice is fucking awful. Yes, he may be able to write decent lyrics and music. However, someone else should have done vocals on...yeah...everything he's ever done.
    /rant

Regardless of my relationship situation, I don't mind romantic/lovey dovey songs. I'm not a huge sap, but if they're done well (see the van morrison song above), I'll gladly listen to them whatever my mood is.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Oh CO, I'm in exactly the same situation. I was listening to songs with the name of the girl in the other day, and some other soppy shit songs. Any other day I'd have wanted to blow my brains out after massacaring a School full of kids.