Petition to reinstate the guillotine

GrinchGrinch Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Lethal injections are too easy of a way out.

Sure we may take away one's life, although dependent on the circumstances leading up to the execution, many don't deserve a dignified or pleasant death.

The guillotine is a rather quick and arguably human form of execution. Aside from a particularly large dose of tar, is falling asleep not a preferred means toward death?
The official executioner of the French Revolution, Charles-Louis Sanson, said on April 25, 1792:

Today the machine invented for the purpose of decapitating criminals sentenced to death will be put to work for the first time. Relative to the methods of execution practised heretofore, this machine has several advantages. It is less repugnant: no man's hands will be tainted with the blood of his fellow being, and the worst of the ordeal for the condemned man will be his own fear of death, a fear more painful to him than the stroke which deprives him of life.

Humanity needs to cut it with this overly polite charade and get back to our roots.

Comments

• PacinoPacino Regular
    edited March 2011
    The female of the species is more deadly than the male
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2011
    I'd happily sign it. But Hell! We don't even have the death sentence. I'd happily sign that fucker as well. :thumbsup:
  • edited March 2011
    The Guillotine was developed as a more humane way to put the condemned to death. It was the lethal injection of the 18th century in a time when breaking at the wheel was the accepted practice.
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited March 2011
    breaking at the wheel

Which I am not absolutely opposed to either, this thread's original title was planned to be "petition to reinstate crucifixions" although the guillotine seems as a reasonable step in the right direction.

Naturally of course, the States had to take it that one step further by utilizing lethal injections.

Any debates as to if the convicted experiences any pain should not even be an issue.
  • edited March 2011
    Grinch wrote: »
    Which I am not absolutely opposed to either, this thread's original title was planned to be "petition to reinstate crucifixions" although the guillotine seems as a reasonable step in the right direction.

Naturally of course, the States had to take it that one step further by utilizing lethal injections.

Any debates as to if the convicted experiences any pain should not even be an issue.

You're thinking small time, bro
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism
  • edited March 2011
    Why not just let them rot in prison....
  • edited March 2011

because that costs us money you bleeding heart faggot
  • edited March 2011
    Then cut the stuff they get in prison
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited March 2011
    The Iranians have it right. Bring back stoning, especially in regards to women! Pacino, I think for once I agree with your trolling ass.

Anyone remember this bitch?

250px-Duaaswad.jpg

Her crime was falling in love against a mans will. For that, she paid the price, the death penalty for defying man.

Stoning_468x1017.jpg

Fucking whore couldn't even keep her panties on even in death.

screenshot036.jpg

Good job DFG :thumbsup:

aswad.jpg

Wo-man is the greatest tragedy holding man back from his full potential. The curse nature gave us to be forced to depend on them for mutual benefit. :mad: Fuck THE MAN
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited March 2011
    You're thinking small time, bro
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism

While the idea is rather creative, it seems to require an excess amount of time and effort just to get someone to die in their own filth which I am not necessarily willing to invest.

Well, if we are only considering utilizing the guillotine post-reinstatement for cases of the death penalty, how would that make a difference?

As to if the definition of the terms necessary to be sentenced are to be reevaluated with a more moderate disposition is an arguable case.
  • edited March 2011
    Grinch wrote: »
    Well, if we are only considering utilizing the guillotine post-reinstatement for cases of the death penalty, how would that make a difference?

As to if the definition of the terms necessary to be sentenced are to be reevaluated with a more moderate disposition is an arguable case.

I meant, why have the death penalty at all? Saving money can be done by making prisons crappier, and in the modern era we can easily make sure nobody escapes. There's no reason to be killing more people -- and from a strictly pragmatic point of view, there's always the potential that there could be some use derived from a living prisoner.
  • ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited March 2011
    I meant, why have the death penalty at all? Saving money can be done by making prisons crappier, and in the modern era we can easily make sure nobody escapes. There's no reason to be killing more people -- and from a strictly pragmatic point of view, there's always the potential that there could be some use derived from a living prisoner.

Forced labor for life?
  • edited March 2011
    Forced labor for life?

Sure -- at least then there'd be something we get out of it. See, killing doesn't solve anything that's not solved by putting them in prison, aside from the problem of keeping them in prison, which isn't that much of a problem. If they produced something it could cover costs and make their crime lead to some small societal benefit.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2011
    Sure -- at least then there'd be something we get out of it. See, killing doesn't solve anything that's not solved by putting them in prison, aside from the problem of keeping them in prison, which isn't that much of a problem. If they produced something it could cover costs and make their crime lead to some small societal benefit.
    At an average cost between 25K to 30K for each inmate.
    Where I'm from the costs are $51,672 per year ($73,882 per year for maximum security) per inmate.