Make your own hot sauce.

edited March 2011 in Life
I can contemplate life without booze or drugs, but there is no way I am giving up hot sauce. I got bored the other day and decided to make my own. This guide is very general, and I encourage you to add whatever you have hanging around, I added a banana to mine, turned out awesome. This takes a lot of time, but not much effort, and is a great project for a lazy afternoon.

500ml(2 cups) white vinegar.
500ml(2 cups) water.
500g(1 pound+a bit) hot peppers, what you use will determine how hot it is. For a pretty mild green sauce use Jalapenos, for screaming hot death, use Habaneros, I used little red "firecracker" peppers from a Chinese market. If you use a mix of red and green peppers, your sauce will be brown, but still tasty. Cut the stems off the peppers.
15ml(3 tsp)kosher salt
10ml(2tsp)onion powder
10ml(2tsp)garlic powder
5ml(1tsp)sugar

Put all of the above plus your wild card ingredients into a suitable pot and bring to a very low simmer. It should just be slightly bubbling.
Cook for 2 hours or so, stirring vigorously every 15 minutes or so. As you cook the mix, the pulpy parts of the peppers should liquify, but don't worry about the seeds and skins, they will be removed later. Really bash the piss out of it, I used a potato masher to squish the peppers.
After 2 or so hours the mix should have reduced in volume by 50% or so. Put a fine metal sieve above an appropriately sized bowl an pour the contents of the pot into it. If there are too many peppers to fit in the sieve, put in half, do the next step, then repeat with the rest.
Use a spoon to mash the peppers against the sieve until all you have left in it are the seeds and skins of the peppers.
In the bowl will be your satanic offspring, a blight on the tastebuds of the universe, and a method of torture for yourself and your friends, enjoy.

C/O
"pain, we seek it so often"

Comments

• BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    that sounds good going to try it soon...

and lol
    I can contemplate life without booze or drugs, but there is no way I am giving up hot sauce.

i am the same way, The first thing i had to have in jail

was hot sauce, im like an addict. got the shakes and shit