How to set up a USB Dead Drop?

edited April 2011 in Tech & Games
I'm really interested in setting up a dead-drop somewhere around here (you know, a USB stick embedded in a wall somewhere). However, what would be the best way of going about this? My main concerns are as follows;

What's the best location for a dead-drop?
What's the best way to secure it into said location?
Will rainwater/weathering ruin my dead-drop?
What's the best size for the USB stick? 1GB?
Any other information I should know...

Has anyone else ever set up one of these before, and if so, how well did it work for you? :D

Comments

• PacoPaco me administrator
    edited April 2011
    Please Excuse my Noobiness, but what exactly is a USB Dead Drop?
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited April 2011
    Damn that sounds cool as shit. I wish I had the first clue as to how to set one up.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited April 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    Please Excuse my Noobiness, but what exactly is a USB Dead Drop?

Kinda like a glory hole for computers bro. :p

deaddrops2.jpg
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited April 2011
    How the hell do you connect to it? Hold your computer up to the wall?
    Yeah! Pretty much bro.
    No time to sit down & get comfortable. Gotta quickly jam your puter in, pirate some shit & get outta there before the cyber-police nail you to the wall. :eek:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    I remember posting this a long time ago :p

But it seems to be more of an idealistic thing to make a point. As others have mentioned, it's very unpractical. Also watch out for viruses.
  • edited April 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I remember posting this a long time ago :p

But it seems to be more of an idealistic thing to make a point. As others have mentioned, it's very unpractical. Also watch out for viruses.

Lol viruses, real men use Linux and will hopefully take all the necessary precautions before plugging their laptop into a potential USB-Switchblade :D
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    lol real men are the ones who plant the viruses to prey on hipsters who think these dead drops are 'underground' :o
  • edited April 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    lol real men are the ones who plant the viruses to prey on hipsters who think these dead drops are 'underground' :o

Hahahaha, you just gave me a good idea. You could create an autorunning executable file which exploits Internet Explorer (and only IE) to trick out faggots who want to use a dead-drop. As we all know, only faggots use IE, so this would work well. After the exploit has been added to the victim's startup list, you could get a remote shell or something :D
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Hahahaha, you just gave me a good idea. You could create an autorunning executable file which exploits Internet Explorer (and only IE) to trick out faggots who want to use a dead-drop. As we all know, only faggots use IE, so this would work well. After the exploit has been added to the victim's startup list, you could get a remote shell or something :D

Sounds fucking good to me, especially where I am located.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011

2:50. I gotta check some of those locations out.