Hard Deletions

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Saw this on Z, users asking for removing on their content.
On totse.info you can delete your posts. I don't think you can delete your threads because others users have posted in them. You can ask a mod to remove the thread and they will comply and try to save other users posts and remove your posts.

However, we don't want to get you guys in trouble and for security reasons (if case some accounts gets hacked) we can't let mods hard delete threads but if you're in some problem and want the content gone we will try to help you out.

So, in a way we already support this provided you have a good reason. When someone ask for thread deletion the thread and posts get unapproved. We don't delete them. It's not because we can't but it's simpler this way and it doesn't affect anything.

The best thing you can do is, just edit out your posts and save it and after a while delete them. Mods can check revision history but only Gmods can do that. But it will more than enough to keep you safe.

We won't restore you posts, unless you request them but if you want something gone for good. Just PM me and I will take care of it.

Again, it can only be done by an Admin and you must have a very good reason for it.

Comments

• JackJack Regular
    edited May 2011
    In a little phpBB forum I help admin, I see that deleting the OP simply makes the second post the OP. Same with another phpBB forum I'm on. Is there a good way to make VBul do this? Thanks for being willing to help, anyway.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Jack wrote: »
    In a little phpBB forum I help admin, I see that deleting the OP simply makes the second post the OP. Same with another phpBB forum I'm on. Is there a good way to make VBul do this? Thanks for being willing to help, anyway.

Never seen that in action before. I might look for it.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited May 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Never seen that in action before. I might look for it.

I remember there being something like that on UBB totse. It was some sort of glitch or exploit though.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    I remember there being something like that on UBB totse. It was some sort of glitch or exploit though.

It might be feature. I am sure it can done be here.
  • cansubacansuba Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    emeğe saygı. teşekkürler :)
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    ProTip: Due to recent events of a user on Zoklet. We know this:

A) FBI spent over a year gathering evidence and TRYING to find the identity of ONE individual unsuccessfully because that user was using anonymous proxy services and TOR.

B) User was only caught when he used his normal screen name to post and confirm his crimes and accidentally didn't use a anonymous service ONE TIME.

Moral of the story....now we know how the FBI is working just a little bit better.

Always use a Anonymous service (Proxy/Socks/Off-Shore VPN, TOR). Don't admit crimes on your normal user account (SWIM). The biggest, use all of the above before, during, and after creating another account separate from your normal account that you use for legitimate reasons.

War by deception...something we can all learn from the sly jews.
  • edited June 2011
    I guess it's a matter of not slipping up. Thankfully, we don't have anything to hide seeing as no one admits to crimes on the internet. None of us are criminals either. The reason I use TOR is because I'm concerned about my privacy, and I don't like the idea of being monitored or even investigated just because I'm a member of an internet forum. Sure, I've posted a few guides which explain how illegal activities work but they're all hypothetical in nature and I never expect anyone to actually TRY them out. They're simply insights into how these things work - I wouldn't even call them "guides" really.
  • edited June 2011
    Hey Dfg, do me a favor and hard delete acid_drop's account