iMac 27" won't sleep

DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
edited July 2010 in Tech & Games
It used to sleep fine but every time I make it sleep now, the screen goes black, and 2 seconds after, comes back up.

I set the energy options to default and even when I manually press the power button, it still doesn't sleep.

It's a hassle because I don't want it to stay on and overheat when not in use. Turning it on and off just doesn't cut it.

Anyone have a solution?

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Do you have anything connected via USB? Are wireless devices waking it? Is internet sharing on?
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Do you have anything connected via USB? Are wireless devices waking it? Is internet sharing on?

I have my lachesis mouse connected and the default bluetooth keyboard. And sharing is on.

Edit; d/ced my mouse from the iMac and it went to sleep perfectly with the power button.

Thanks a lot!
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    I have my lachesis mouse connected and the default bluetooth keyboard. And sharing is on.

Edit; d/ced my mouse from the iMac and it went to sleep perfectly with the power button.

Thanks a lot!

No problem. I had an issue with that on my iMac before. I was :facepalm: when I realized what I did. It's always easy to miss the simple things.