Shortwave battle: Sangean ATS-909X or Grundig G6

MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
edited July 2011 in Life
First off, I know the 909X doesn't do air like the G6. I've done a bit of reading on both of these and am torn.

I've owned a G6, but it was stolen before I got a good feel of it. I've also owned the original ATS-909 when it first came out and loved it, though sometimes I would receive MW stations of LW. Or was that with the G6? Both?

Fiddlesticks, my memory sucks. I do know that I enjoyed the 909 though. It's more expensive than the G6. This is a big issue for me with my stinginess but I can get over it.

I love the color scheme and looks of the 909X, not that that really matters, but still. With my Sony SRS-M30 speakers it'll look so hip that I could DX coffeshops a thousand miles away.... Ahem, looks are out of the question. I'm going to resist that hipster aspect even if it makes Steve Job's tumor roll over in its pancreas.

Even still, I'm leaning towards the 909X due to the more complete SSB support and the fact that its predecessor was pretty darn good.

In terms raw u, whatsability radio would &T recommend? This is going to be for local listening on MW/FM, for shortwave listening, and for ham listening. I'm going to be using an external antenna a lot.

Also bring back Radio Free Amerika you dirty knives. When I want shafted I want shafted good and hard and not with a fucking knife.

Edit: I won't fucking find it funny if someone suggests a Grundig YB or some shit.

Comments