Need Help With Ipboard 3.0 Software Configuration

white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
edited August 2011 in Tech & Games
i have a huge problem but first i need to know if any has a lot of knowledge about this before i post the question

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Sure go ahead.
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited August 2011
    Iam one of the admins of the site in question. so i have access to the acp i also have access to a root admin account. iv also found a way to make myself root if need be Version v3.0.5 is the ipboard version.

a couple of months ago one of the owners/root admin did something in acp that blocks any one of the admins and the other owner from accessing import/export in the look and feel section. instead of the options that are sulposed to come up it now says You do not have permissions to access this area

when viewing the source code of the paige it seems all the options have been replaced with ---<font color="red">You do not have permissions to access this area</font.>

so i dont believe it is a real permision thing there are no restrictions in acp all the permisions are correct

we all think the code was replaced but we dont know where the code would go or what the code even would be or maybe something was ftped we are not sure. all we know is the person who did this quit and randomly left and no one has been able to contact him he did this and set a very ugly skin which we can not change right before he left.

the other owner/company dosent seem to care much about the site so its up to us to fix the problem.

any help is much needed i can not access the support from the ipboard web site since i dont have to the info about the purchase of the board

if you want to see the skin and site im talking about u can ask for the link as soon as i figure this problem out im making a post in ifiotw but id rather have the skin thing fixed first before i release the url

(can a mod change the topic title to ipboard 3.0 help i figure this would bring more attention to this post)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    I think he just changed the template and removed the code or he went into the PHPMyAdmin and fucked with the Database. In any case the best thing would be to get reinstall the board OR just e-mail Ipboard guys or asks some who is already using Ipboard to lend some template files.

I think if you e-mail Ipboard and ask them for help, they will get you up and running. I mean they won't give you full support but they will be able to provide some form of support. Also, Ipboard forums might be a great place to ask for help.

Again, check the templates, there should be a way to revert them and if not try backing up the database and upgrading or reinstalling the files. Check modification dates on the files. This might give you an idea what was modified.
    edited August 2011
    i also added a new admin modual to look like look and feel but that one had the same problem im not even realy sure where the templates are we still have default skins but cant add any all the image sets for the old skins that he took down are still there we just cant access them
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    i also added a new admin modual to look like look and feel but that one had the same problem im not even realy sure where the templates are we still have default skins but cant add any all the image sets for the old skins that he took down are still there we just cant access them

Use a program called WinSCP. Log into your website and start checking the directories. It will mostly likely show you everything and the templates are mostly likely stored in the database or in php files.
    edited August 2011
    does this involve ftp
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    does this involve ftp

Yes, it does.
    edited August 2011
    not going to work only the other owner has ftp access and hes never around
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited August 2011
    Sounds like somebody needs to get ftp access.