Can you feel the love tonight? [Part one]

StaplesStaples Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
When I was a kid I did not dream of love, instead I saw it in the Disney classic 'The Lion King'.

The love is felt somewhere tonight, but with around half of traditional marriages ending in laughable failure, the image of romantic love can quickly be smashed from one's mind, much like a North Korean dissident. To keep this simple, let's stay with western society. *sigh*

ANYWAY.. So the first key point here, is that a lot of people are immature, they lack wisdom.

second key point here, following that.. is that marriage is meaningless to a lot of people.. A lot of people get married without even knowing themselves [as much as they think they do], and even more get married impulsively because of the initial sexual attraction.. money, pregnancy, convenience, and nine months later they are queefing out threats to 'end it' at one another.

People get married for a lot of reasons.. sometimes they have a 'successful' marriage that grows as stale as a port-a-potty baked in the august sun.. for thirty years continuously...

Marriage.. as mainstream society views it is really only useful for religious purposes, tax reasons, and comfort... though a wedding reception does look like fun ^^

AND if you fail at marriage a first time, your second marriage is about 10% more likely to fail statistically.. and add another 10% for the third time.

Sticking with basics....

-marriage is meaningless
-true, unconditional, trusting love is rare, but happens
according to Hatfield, passionate love arises when cultural expectations encourage falling in love, when the person meets your preconceived ideas of an ideal lover, and when you experience heightened physiological arousal in the presence of the other person.

Ideally passionate love then leads to compassionate love, which is far more enduring. While most people desire relationships that combine the security and stability of compassionate with the intensity of passionate love, Hatfield suggests that this is rare.

May the lion king be with you on your journey my friends.

-peace out:cool:

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Hakuna matata???

Also www.nomarriage.com
  • brandonbrandon Regular
    edited July 2010
    i have always looked at familys were the parints stay together and notised that it seems 2 me like the husbind and wife r generaly beter ppl then the 1s who divorise. they may not feel like they did wen they first "fell in love" but then over the years they grew atached 2 eachother becus they basicily grow geting used 2 always being there with eachother. wile they may not have that strong sexual desire (and lets fase it how could u fall in love with som1 ur not sexualy atracted 2?) they onse did they still love eachother becus they r a famly. they r not bf and gf they r in a dedic8ed famly and they kinda rely on eachother becus without them they woodnt no wut 2 do with there lifes after they r alredy old and stuff. generaly these ppl who stay together also r good ppl becus they do it 4 the sake of there suns and dotters. and also 4 the benifit of having the stability of a famly.
  • RuptureRupture Regular
    edited July 2010
    brandon wrote: »
    i have always looked at familys were the parints stay together and notised that it seems 2 me like the husbind and wife r generaly beter ppl then the 1s who divorise. they may not feel like they did wen they first "fell in love" but then over the years they grew atached 2 eachother becus they basicily grow geting used 2 always being there with eachother. wile they may not have that strong sexual desire (and lets fase it how could u fall in love with som1 ur not sexualy atracted 2?) they onse did they still love eachother becus they r a famly. they r not bf and gf they r in a dedic8ed famly and they kinda rely on eachother becus without them they woodnt no wut 2 do with there lifes after they r alredy old and stuff. generaly these ppl who stay together also r good ppl becus they do it 4 the sake of there suns and dotters. and also 4 the benifit of having the stability of a famly.

No way I'm deciphering all that bullshit.

On topic though, I swore not to get married, ever. Every marriage I saw so far sucked ass. Including that of my parents.
    Especially that.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
    op is fuckhead?
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
    brandon wrote: »

this is actually very true
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wow, despite the horrendous spelling and grammar brandon made some decent points...

Personally I plan on never getting married. In the end all it does is complicate a relationship and I don't need a piece of paper saying we're married for the girl I'm with to know that I love her.