Recent Events, A Short Summary Plus Some Story!

DfgDfg Admin
edited October 2011 in Help and Suggestions
We moved from Drupal to Wordpress.
We moved away from the teal theme to new themes.
We added new plugins.
We kicked the kidiots who were trying to cause drama and stir up the community.
We kicked mods who were not cooperating and where plotting to harm us. Some resigned which is a good thing.

For almost a month I have been trying to get things going but it seems butthurt and ego just gets to some people. To run a place I need a few trusted people who can do the job, unfortunately from day one, we were infected by people who didn't have any ambitions or goals or basically didn't know how to run things. I kept a low key role in the first, hoping against hope that maybe something would come out of it. I extended myself, I tried being friendly, tried to build some trust but I got back stabbed again.

But unlike the other time where I just kept on going, this time I stopped and cut off ties with them. People, it's simple. This is a community. It extends to different social streams. We tried being Totse.com which we aren't and weren't supposed to be. Granted we could be but it would ultimately become something that we really don't want. The problem is people who just want to troll, flood there butthurt and generally lose faith. Faith is important in this venture. I have faith in people and that's why I employ them to help me get things rolling.

We went from basic chat to voice communication. This added a level of professionalism to this place, now it was easier for everyone to understand each other plus it helped us identity the elements that were going to ruin us in future. We marked them all out, yes you OMG Uber idiots, we were ten steps ahead of you. I asked mods to join TS so I could guide them and train them, some of them didn't like it, i kept my cool. The post count and contribution went down because the people who were appointed to do the job weren't doing great. Hence the decline, I was busy 24/7 with my work and I literally didn't have any spare time. I used TS to work with others because typing out instructions didn't work.

I employed screen sharing to training for CMS, even created short tutorials but again the same group of people were still keeping up the hate which didn't make any sense. So, I did some digging and found out what was wrong. The whole staff team wasn’t in sync. It had to go. But again, I was willing to give it one last shot. So, after two weeks on constant work, I took 48 hours off. I started with the theme and went ahead and worked on migrating Drupal to Word press. Keep in mind this was my 48 hour break that I could have spent working out and relaxing but instead, I spent hours after hours trying to fix issues.

Last night when I was working on CMS, I got sidetracked badly. It started with one ALT account creating, WHY fang idiot is banned. Fang wasn't banned at this stage. I knew what was happening. The same shit people pulled over on Zoklet was getting pulled on us. Generally this would mean buttbuddies would cry about it, trolls would start bitching about and mods that were already marked would leave in disgust. Instead of just waiting for them to extend this whole bullshit, I kicked them. OMG our freedom of speech. First of all, if you're planning to do a coordinated attack and thinking that I would buy into your BS, you're an idiot. I was already notified about the so-called shitstorm in advance and the funny part is, the people conducted this openly made a thread in Totse2.

I never had any issues with Totse2. Considered them a part of family. Never really tried to harm them, instead even stopped others from doing that to them. But since the attack came from them, it just showed how things work. So, from this point onwards, Totse2 is out of the equation for good. They made their move and it's DONE. They're marked as untrusted. Any user coming from that place isn't going to be trusted from this point onwards.

Rule no.1. Read it people. I wasn't into enforcing rules but hey, I am here trying to get things on track and here I am wasting my time trying to talk to people who already have made their minds and just trying to delay things further. So, I did what Jeff would have done months ago. I took those elements out and locked things down. Sure, I see alts registering and idiots just making the same old threads over and over again and calling it free speech. Knock Knock KNOCK, we saw the same shit on Zoklet. Nothing new to us and we're not Zoklet either, so don't expect us to just sit down and take the bait.

Honestly, I really tried but it seems this was going to happen anyway. It's a fresh start for me mostly. I know who to trust and I know who wasn't worth the effort. So, I did end all my ties to the old team. I am moving on.

As the users you shouldn't be worried unless you're just trying to harm this place or just posting garbage. I am enforcing strict policies on serious sections which were pretty much in place for a while but no one bothered with it. One guy who did get bitched at and that's okay, Its part of the program. People, I am DONE nursing backstabbers and general idiots. The whole theme change, the whole upgrade should make it obvious. This isn't Totse.com, this is totse.info. It's no longer a clone website, its community with dedicated individuals who share things for the greater good. I already recruited more writers for the CMS.

I am drawing up a major plan that will pan out in few weeks shortly. I am taking this place from where it was and reaching up for the sky. Voice communication is now mandatory for people who want to work with me. I don't trust text and if I can't trust you with my life. You're not going to get anywhere near the staff. It's that simple, I put faith in the wrong people and that put us off hold. I only ask in return is to trust me. I worked on this place and I raised it up from what it looked like back in 2010.

If I can do that without much help, I can do more quite easily. So, this isn't the end. This is the new beginning. In short, I wouldn't take shit from people who don't want to help us and just want to create BS here. It's an instant kick from me. Yes me. You saw the nice me, now deal with the asshole me. I am done with distractions; this whole BS scene went on long enough.

Oh and welcome to the new Totse.info, you may not like it, you may hate it but if you want to stay here, please throw away your EGO and butthurt and get thinking caps on and actually post something worth sharing.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    The staff has been cleansed and we will be rebuilding it slowly. If you are mature (not age mind) and you think you can truly be a part of a team that is trying to build a serious platform for meaningful discussions on topics that are not about poop pictures in a toilet please contact Dfg, BK, Trx100 or myself to arrange an interview for possible openings on the staff.
This discussion has been closed.