Mexican police arrest man hiding 18 monkeys under clothes at airport

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/20/mexico.monkey.smuggling/index.html
(CNN) -- Mexican authorities searching a man with a bulge under his shirt at the airport in the nation's capital found 18 monkeys hidden beneath his clothes, police said.

Investigators grew suspicious after Roberto Sol Cabrera Zavaleta, 38, became "markedly nervous" when asked what he was transporting, Mexico's Public Safety Department said.

Two of the tiny titi monkeys he was carrying in a belt were dead, the department said in a statement, and 16 of them survived the journey from Lima, Peru.

Cabrera has been detained as authorities continue their investigation, the statement said.

In an interview with authorities released by police, Cabrera said he first carried the monkeys in his suitcase, but then hid the animals in his clothes so they would not be harmed by X-ray machines at the airport.

Cabrera described the animals as "pets" and told authorities he had purchased them for $30.

Titi monkeys are protected endangered species requiring a permit for possession, police said.

Images released by police show the tiny creatures, many of which are tied up in pouches, squirming in a cardboard box.

He was trying to smuggle 18 tiny titi monkeys, that's alot of tiny titis!

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2010
    That's what happens when you get greedy.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Those poor sexy tiny titis
  • edited July 2010
    Those poor sexy tiny titis

I know man, I wish I could just squeeze all of em'.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    Just so you know how big they are...

mico-titi.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    mashlehash wrote: »
    Just so you know how big they are...

mico-titi.jpg

Holy shit what a little fucking turd. :eek:
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    I felt really sad when I found out two of them died. :(

Anyone else feel more sorrow when an animal dies rather than when a human dies? lol.

If I see a video of an animal getting hurt, I'll get so upset. But if I see a guy getting killed I won't give a shit. :mad:
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    i would titty fuck that titi :o

What do you think that guy was planning on doing? Look at that smug impression.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited July 2010
    Daily wrote: »

Anyone else feel more sorrow when an animal dies rather than when a human dies? lol.

If I see a video of an animal getting hurt, I'll get so upset. But if I see a guy getting killed I won't give a shit. :mad:

Yeah he had them wrapped up in socks so some of them suffocated.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Daily wrote: »

Cant stand that shit. In a movie or something if a person dies I am like damn but when an animal dies its a definite WTF moment.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited July 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    Cant stand that shit. In a movie or something if a person dies I am like damn but when an animal dies its a definite WTF moment.

Think it's because animals don't consciously do anything, they just live.

Were any of you on /b/ when those motherfuckers put up that video of them torturing those dogs :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    :facepalm: I think the only better place to smuggle an endangered species would be either in your asshole, or in the trunk.
  • LostInTheWoodsLostInTheWoods Regular
    edited July 2010
    Would have been funny if rabid monkeys were to be smuggled on a plane and somehow escape among the passengers. :D

Also people who knowingly hurts animals for no reason other than to torture them should be locked in the bear cage at the nearest zoo. See whos tougher then.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Vicky wrote: »
    Think it's because animals don't consciously do anything, they just live.

Were any of you on /b/ when those motherfuckers put up that video of them torturing those dogs :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I was not but damn would that have pissed me off.