The Re-Birth of Totse. Long Live TOTSE!

LSA KingLSA King Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Should we make this our new home over Zoklet? I'm having Nostalgia. Everyone back on their old nick names that I remember so vividly. A dedicated staff working to relive the high life and make things better. SG and HB back in business getting the respect they deserved and not shit on like on Zoklet. The war tha tis eventually to follow against HB and SG lol.

The only thing I can equate to the experience is through a picture.

user552pic.jpg

Says it all.

Comments

• 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Feels like home, man. It's good to be back.

Fuck flood control.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh shit, flood control. I forgot about that lol. Oh well like I said it feels like home...again haha
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    The site is pretty buggy/broken right now. Not all the textfile categories work, and in the forums the "Bad Ideas" textfile section doesn't even show up. Also we're hosted on GoDaddy at the moment so we need a new host before anything can happen.

But in spite of the bugs (or maybe because of them) I'm nostalgic, this site seems like home, it seems RIGHT, and I hope this isn't just a hype storm before everyone stops posting. :(
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited July 2010
    agreed. I hope we get decent hosting so that totse.info can live long and prosper
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    Feels good, mang.
    edited July 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    The site is pretty buggy/broken right now. Not all the textfile categories work, and in the forums the "Bad Ideas" textfile section doesn't even show up. Also we're hosted on GoDaddy at the moment so we need a new host before anything can happen.

But in spite of the bugs (or maybe because of them) I'm nostalgic, this site seems like home, it seems RIGHT, and I hope this isn't just a hype storm before everyone stops posting. :(

Yeah it's going to be a long road but I think it'll be ironed out. Plus....PLUS! We have a main page lol. God that alone means the most. Coming to a website with actual content that as a bonus, I'm familiar to! So far it's fucking win and can only get better. Hellish says they are in the process of switching hosts and right now the staff numbers seem low. This is the moment where people who know some knowledge that can contribute to improving in a physical way should do so.

It's like building the pyramids, takes a group effort. Okay, bad analogy since pyramids were built with Jewish slaves which resembles more of Zoklet :D

ProTip: we need to get totse.com from that chinese asshole that has it whomever he may be. Commies. :mad:
  • TylerTyler Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    I am overwhelmed that totse is "back"
    edited July 2010
    Tyler wrote: »
    I am overwhelmed that totse is "back"

Drink it in before Zoklets 'tards waddle their chubby ases over. I had this feeling once before and that was when we went to Zoklet so hopefully this time it lasts a lot longer :)
    edited July 2010
    There are no thanks here for one. Hopefully it stays that way. The site is buggy, but it has a lot of promise. We might be able to actually bring totse back. Maybe. With devotion. God willing, we will make it happen. You can't bring totse.com back with a different URL. Except maybe totse.info, which makes a lot of sense for a site about informing people. Nor can you do it when you put the focus on zoklet's (very, very few) articles instead of totse's.

I'm not saying that I'm leaving here entirely, just that I'm dividing my attentionz. And maybe leaving if/when things pick up over there. I see no reason why everyone else shouldn't do the same if they actually want to see totse reborn. :confused:

Someone mentioned earlier that totse.info and zoklet.net could like... be the new NIRVANAnet or something. That'd be cool assuming both sites have a variety of users that it is. And I'm high so we'd call it ALTEREDnet. alter-ed net. or altered net. Alter-Ed as in alternative education - educating yourself in the shit that you don't normally learn about. Altered as in changed/different/rearranged. MAKES SENSE MAN.

And yeah I just copied that from a post I made on totse. But like I said I'm high and all this shit makes sense.
  • CF1083CF1083 Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Oh man..

Discovering this site really put a smile on my face.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, so far it's just like Totse III aka Zoklet II...
    edited July 2010
    Well, so far it's just like Totse III aka Zoklet II...

No. Maybe, totse II, but I mean that as in "the second coming of totse" rather than "the second totse" like totse2 was. Never zoklet II though. Fuck that.

You see, zoklet has the potential to only ever be zoklet. It doesn't utilize the resource of having an established community of users with an established supply of information and relevant material.

You can't deny there's a feeling that it's zoklet though. And it's like he wants to make his own name for himself instead of riding entirely on totse's success. Only he is riding on totse. The totse formula worked. The only thing about it that didn't work was the the constant closed registration and downtime.

It's holding back the potential of zoklet site becoming what totse was. Because really the only thing that can be totse, is totse. Hoping zoklet somehow skyrockets in popularity is an exercise in futility. Utilizing established members, an established culture, and established textfiles we have a fighting chance of reviving totse that zoklet will forever lack.

I like it there too, don't get me wrong. It has a really tight-knit community. It's like a small town. But small towns get fucking boring, and I want to go to the damn city, you understand? Other cities exist, like the chans, but they aren't the type of place I'd want to raise my kids. The ADHD is probably contagious. So we need to build a new city, since Zoksville seems like it's going to stay a village forever. What better way to do that than emulate a the way our old city worked, before it got bombed and we left for the villages?

And yes, that was a pretty awesome metaphor. Thank you.

Also yes, I am just copying pretty much everything I say from posts I've already made.
  • autopsyautopsy Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    Someone mentioned earlier that totse.info and zoklet.net could like... be the new NIRVANAnet or something. That'd be cool assuming both sites have a variety of users that it is. And I'm high so we'd call it ALTEREDnet. alter-ed net. or altered net. Alter-Ed as in alternative education - educating yourself in the shit that you don't normally learn about. Altered as in changed/different/rearranged. MAKES SENSE MAN.

This makes me want to hump a fucking alligator and not read any more of your posts when you're high.
    edited July 2010
    autopsy wrote: »
    This makes me want to hump a fucking alligator and not read any more of your posts when you're high.

Sorry, I probably would have said that sober yo. Or maybe not. I'm kinda sober now and can't decide whether that was the most brilliant or retarded thing I've ever said. Being a retard sucks for me man, you shouldn't hate. :(

That said I'm proud to have opened your mind to the wonders of interspecies erotica.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    Well we will see were this goes.
  • EckoEcko Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    Drink it in before Zoklets 'tards waddle their chubby ases over. I had this feeling once before and that was when we went to Zoklet so hopefully this time it lasts a lot longer :)

I hope people don't just stop posting or randomly forget about this place. We need to make an effort to keep it active.
  • edited July 2010
    Hopefully this will be more than a fix for nostalgia.
    edited July 2010
    Ecko wrote: »
    I hope people don't just stop posting or randomly forget about this place. We need to make an effort to keep it active.

This. :mad: