Ever wonder...

Agent 008Agent 008 Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
...How surreal it feels? When you go somewhere real nice for a few weeks, but you don't even realize how nice the place was until you get back home.
And the moment you go back, you realize just how good you have had it, but unfortunately, by then, it all feels like a distant dream. You know that the dream was real, but you find it hard to believe. Life continues as normal, and it's like you never even left.

...Sitting here at night, listening to Dick Dale. Wish I lived by the beach at the ocean side. It's probably the only thing worth working hard for, getting a place by the ocean.

Comments

• GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    The ocean is overrated. All it gives you is cold winds and a rusty roof.
  • Agent 008Agent 008 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Greenbull wrote: »
    The ocean is overrated. All it gives you is cold winds and a rusty roof.

Walking on the beach at night will never get old for me.

edited July 2010
    Have you ever seen Paradise depicted as a concrete city hell?

How about a town in the middle of the mainland?

That's not even the point.
  • edited July 2010
    I had a dream once where I was in some really nice country, on a beach in the sunset. It was warm as hell, water was crystal clear, no imperfections at all. Was awesome.
    edited July 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    I had a dream once where I was in some really nice country, on a beach in the sunset. It was warm as hell, water was crystal clear, no imperfections at all. Was awesome.

Is it worse when you actually were there, but then it all just feels like it was a dream?

What difference is there, really?
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    All the fucking time man.

The times I had in my short stay in the French Foreign Legion
    Being drove around the desolate areas of Kiev at night
    The life I lived working in Krakow
    Living illegally in a student dorm with my ex-gf for 6 months
    Walking through snow covered forests at sunset with said girl
    The constant partying and girlfriends I had in college before dropping out

All these moments/lifestyles I fucked up and left because I didn't appreciate them at the time. When I look back I'm like 'wow', any one of those I could've quite easily persued....

It's so beautiful and sad at the same time.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    No, but I've learned to "live in the moment". I guess moments from my childhood feel like a dream though.
  • UnwyredUnwyred Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's been nearly three years since the dream ended for me. I had my slice of paradise and I came back to the US afterward. Now all I have are the little bits of memorabilia and the flashbacks of how things felt, smelled, tasted, and sounded...

Changed me forever...
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't know the feeling :(

I rarely if ever get to go on holidays. My life sucks. I blame society for making it so damned expensive to fulfill my earth-given right to see the world.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    I feel this every single time I go back to my parents home.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    Agent 008 wrote: »
    Walking on the beach at night will never get old for me.

I'd love to live on an tropical island :cool:
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't know the feeling :(

I rarely if ever get to go on holidays. My life sucks. I blame society for making it so damned expensive to fulfill my earth-given right to see the world.

Don't blame society, blame yourself.

If you want to see the world - go and see it: it doesn't cost a bomb at all. You're probably just a pussy who feels like he has to get 1st class flights and stay in hotels everywhere.

With a mixture of cheap flights, public transport, hitchhiking, couchsurfing and working along the way, you can go anywhere you want for dirt cheap.

Shit, I've even heard tales of people who have hitchhiked across the world without using any money on their way.

You sir, just choose to stay where you are, and complain about everything; not having the balls to do what you want. You are a grade A pussy.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    da teacha wrote: »
    Don't blame society, blame yourself.

If you want to see the world - go and see it: it doesn't cost a bomb at all. You're probably just a pussy who feels like he has to get 1st class flights and stay in hotels everywhere.

With a mixture of cheap flights, public transport, hitchhiking, couchsurfing and working along the way, you can go anywhere you want for dirt cheap.

Shit, I've even heard tales of people who have hitchhiked across the world without using any money on their way.

You sir, just choose to stay where you are, and complain about everything; not having the balls to do what you want. You are a grade A pussy.

As much as it pains me to admit it, this man is right. I'm just a pussy and so is the guy he's quoting.