Online Retailers Hall of Shame

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited October 2012 in Man Cave
If you have had a bad experience with an online vendor and want to help others avoid the frustration you felt when dealing with this merchant post your review ITT. I will start off with a good one to steer away from. www.recoupit.com is computer refurb/resell company. My Dad and his girlfriend wanted to buy a computer for her 8 year old granddaughter but they are retired and not made of money. Also they did not need a state of the art brand new system for an 8 year old kids 1st system. I found a used Dell Optiplex on their site for $150 and paid an extra $25 to extend the warranty to one year. When the system arrived it would not boot as they had neglected to install an OS. No big deal I had a DVD I made at work that had XP with K.S.U.s VLK and setup for unattended install with all drivers for any Optiplex between the 260 and the 900 series. I booted up, inserted the disc and nothing. I look in BIOS and no optical drive. So I take another optical drive and plug it in with out mounting it and BIOS sees it. So now I know why it shipped with no OS it was broke before they shipped it. I called and called for 3 days leaving voice mails Finally on day 4 my call was returned. I got them to send me another optical drive that would fit the proprietary mounting in the Dell case and all was well. I marked it off as just one of those things that slipped through the cracks an didn't hold it against them.

About 4 months later xmas was looming and my ex wanted a shitty laptop to check email, play stupid flash games, and surf with. So I looked on the RecoupIT site as they the prices a great. I found a really nice late model HP laptop (don't recall the model) for just $225 with a 1 year warranty. So I order it. Again the unit was shipped with no OS in conflict with the advertised product. It was a week before xmas and I knew if I diked around with a return I would not be able to gift it in time. So I broke out the DVD and everything went fine until I tried to login. That is when I found out the keyboard was horked. You would press a key once and lightly and it would repeat with not way to stop the input other than powering down. So once more I attempted to reach their customer service department to no avail It was not until January 3rd that I heard back form these fucks. In the end it took 3 more weeks, two more laptops and a replacement battery before I had a usable gift to give.

This company has serious QA and customer service issues and their customer service has very little technical knowledge. The deficiency in this KB leads to scenarios where the CSA tells you they will have to forward this to the tech support and get back to you. I assume their support is the same bunch of retards that test system and ships them without an OS and incomplete hardware. Stay way from this vendor unless you enjoying buying broken shit and leaving voice messages.