Update Regarding Server & Users

DfgDfg Admin
edited March 2013 in Help and Suggestions
Well, as you know I am quite busy with life and I am dealing with a lot of things daily. But I didn't forget about this place.

First is the good news:
Since I do manage this server completely, I have added or requested some nifty features. Firstly we were getting a performance hit due to some unknown reason. To counter this and to make sure that our server can handle a lot of traffic I asked the Tech to enable Nginx as a reverse proxy along with Mem Cache and X Cache.

What that means is, this server can run this forum and few more forums with ease now.

On the users front, our server has issues with sending mails. After getting 3000+ users in the stupid confirmation queue I decided to disable it completely. So, yeah users can register quite easily. This hopefully will add new blood into this place which we sorely need and also will give you some bots to kill as well.

Expect better conversations when it comes to traffic. I will keep up the trend of posting per day as I told before.

p.s.: I just installed SSD on my Laptop. Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB, it's freaking fucking fast.