Same Changes, Big and Small

DfgDfg Admin
edited October 2013 in Help and Suggestions
For starters the amount of Spiders and bots have been reduced. Added some more modifications. I have been testing with Facebook Connect and so far it seems to work well. I went a step further and introduced Facebook Commenting system. Generally speaking if you have Ghostry installed you're safe. Plus the comments can be limited to certain themes, the totse theme can be excluded from it.

Other than that, /r/totse got a face lift.

I placed a new logo there as well, still trying to figure out a decent tagline and mission statement and then hopefully I would be able to get some content rolling in.

Also Youtube integration and videos would be the next target.

Comments

• panthraxpanthrax Regular
    edited October 2013
    Nice although I am conflicted about the Facebook integration. Having to install third-party software just to have Facebook and here separate? That's kinda bogus....
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2013
    panthrax wrote: »
    Nice although I am conflicted about the Facebook integration. Having to install third-party software just to have Facebook and here separate? That's kinda bogus....

VB 4 already has built-in Facebook Integration. You can use that to create an account on Totseans.

I was testing with the commenting functionality which is linked to Totseans Facebook page in order to generate more audience.

Also, TOTSE theme has been excluded from FB Comments.

I will make a sticky thread and add PM details for users to install mods to prevent from being tracked on the Internet.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited October 2013
    I have no script, Ghostery and Ad block plus installed so I doubt there should be any problems on my end. Facebook can suck a fat one IMO.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2013
    I have no script, Ghostery and Ad block plus installed so I doubt there should be any problems on my end. Facebook can suck a fat one IMO.

I second that, plus if you use totse theme, you won't see the commenting option anyway.
    edited October 2013
    I use the totseans theme and haven't noticed a thing to be honest. The totse theme feels outdated to me hence why I don't really use it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2013
    I use the totseans theme and haven't noticed a thing to be honest. The totse theme feels outdated to me hence why I don't really use it.

Oh I can update that theme but honestly I prefer the totseans theme myself. Sort of used to it now.
    edited October 2013
    Dfg wrote: »
    Oh I can update that theme but honestly I prefer the totseans theme myself. Sort of used to it now.

Yeah I hate changing something once i'm used to it. Plus it looks clean and new.