Any Atv riders here?

MasterMaster Acolyte
edited September 2010 in Man Cave
What do you ride?

I ride a 2006 Yamaha YFZ450, all stock except rear mud lite tires. In a couple months I'm buying a grizzly 700 fuel-injected with power steering. I'm swapping the tires for 28" mud lites and installing a winch when I buy it. Over the winter I'm going to install a custom snorkel kit, a clutch kit, and full skid plates to replace the plastic stock ones. I'm also contemplating installing a stereo system to blast some tunes as I blast through mud holes.

I ride a lot of clay trails, roots, ruts, hard- bottomed mud holes, and bottomless muskeg holes. Pretty diverse. I'd go with a more hardcore mud tire like the silverbacks, but most of the day is on hard clay trails, and handling and vibration would suck.

Comments

• MullenMullen Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    I'm not much an 'atv rider', but we use atv's around our farm quite a bit. We've got 2 Big Bears; one is a '98 350 2wd, the other is an '07 400 4wd.

My dad traded for an old Banshee a couple months ago, but I accidentally popped the clutch on a hill and nearly flipped it onto myself. Only atv wreck I've had in nearly 10 years of riding them. It's not very practical for farm use, so I don't really ride it anymore.
  • ArgonPlasma2000ArgonPlasma2000 Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Do bikes count? I got an 05 Honda CF150. It's a pretty sweet little bike that's light enough to handle in really thick woods.
  • MasterMaster Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Mullen wrote: »
    I'm not much an 'atv rider', but we use atv's around our farm quite a bit. We've got 2 Big Bears; one is a '98 350 2wd, the other is an '07 400 4wd.

My dad traded for an old Banshee a couple months ago, but I accidentally popped the clutch on a hill and nearly flipped it onto myself. Only atv wreck I've had in nearly 10 years of riding them. It's not very practical for farm use, so I don't really ride it anymore.

What kind of farm do you guys run?
  • MasterMaster Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Do bikes count? I got an 05 Honda CF150. It's a pretty sweet little bike that's light enough to handle in really thick woods.

Bikes are good shit. If you're good on one, you can go through a lot of crap. I learned to ride bike first, then switched over to sport quads. My first quad was a 98' blaster. I rolled it at 90km/h in the ditch out in front of my house. Shitty cable brakes malfunctioned. I flew probably 60 or 70 feet and then rolled. Somehow I had just a sore neck and not even a scratch. Bent the frame all to shit. Then I bought my 450 in 2006, and it goes like hell. I'm getting the grizzly cause my GF likes riding with me, and I love mudding too.:D
  • MullenMullen Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Master wrote: »
    What kind of farm do you guys run?

Commercial beef cattle.
  • The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited July 2010
    I ride friends 4 wheelers. But I'd kill to have my own.