open up the infraction form for us niggers to see

The GeneralThe General Regular
edited August 2010 in Help and Suggestions
I wanna see who's banned and why. I don't think it's a bad request?

Comments

• TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Not a bad idea.
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited July 2010
    Despite the apparent shortcomings of being an acolyte, I think OP has a valid and well thought out point.
    This has my vote.

-edit
    open up the infraction form for us niggers to see
    The catch should be, though, we only open it to niggers! :cool:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I like the idea BUT when we're banning someone their posts also show up and sometimes the content is the problem. So, I honestly can't make it public.

But I am thinking of a public ban list. Since each user gets instant ban when infracted a ban list might work better. I would also love to avoid any mod drama going public. We're all equals but sometimes shit stirrers like to troll the mods/users.

At this point I want to train the new mods about the system and after that's finished, I will go for more transparency. Also, only regular users with which have been registered for over 2 months can see that section if I make it public.
  • The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I like the idea BUT when we're banning someone their posts also show up and sometimes the content is the problem. So, I honestly can't make it public.

But I am thinking of a public ban list. Since each user gets instant ban when infracted a ban list might work better. I would also love to avoid any mod drama going public. We're all equals but sometimes shit stirrers like to troll the mods/users.

At this point I want to train the new mods about the system and after that's finished, I will go for more transparency. Also, only regular users with which have been registered for over 2 months can see that section if I make it public.

bro but sometimes mods can be unjust and ban someone because they don't like them or something stupid. I being the person I am will argue with that mod if I feel it is really unfair and plus would like to see why they are banned. If the material is not good for childrenz eyes then delete it. Plus drama can be interesting and fun to watch haha. And sometimes even users account are hacked so if their on a temp ban they can explain themselves. I can only see positives to opening up that fourm if you adjusted it right.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    bro but sometimes mods can be unjust and ban someone because they don't like them or something stupid. I being the person I am will argue with that mod if I feel it is really unfair and plus would like to see why they are banned. If the material is not good for childrenz eyes then delete it. Plus drama can be interesting and fun to watch haha. And sometimes even users account are hacked so if their on a temp ban they can explain themselves. I can only see positives to opening up that fourm if you adjusted it right.

All in good times mate.
  • edited August 2010
    All in good times mate.

You did for a moment.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010

I just hope this site can avoid bans based on personnel feelings. its that shit that killed zoklet.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited August 2010
    I dont know any of you, so i dont have personal feelings.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited August 2010
    ^

One more post and your post count is an even number.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Update: Infraction forum is outside of M&A. I will open it to Regular users. But I might increase the days before a user becomes regular. This is to ensure that only regular users can see it.
    edited August 2010
    Update: Infraction forum is outside of M&A. I will open it to Regular users. But I might increase the days before a user becomes regular. This is to ensure that only regular users can see it.

I want to be able to see it now :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    I want to be able to see it now :(

Patience. It's empty right now. I removed the test infractions.
    edited August 2010
    Patience. It's empty right now. I removed the test infractions.

:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jYtayGb488&NR=1
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    It's open for regulars.

Post and contribute and you can see it as well.

http://www.totse.info/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=67
    edited August 2010
    Thank you :)
    edited August 2010
    wait that link works but I can't find it outside of that link. Houstin we have a problem.
    edited August 2010
    Wait nevermind I found it. I was expecting it to be its own fourm on the home page. Silly me but that's what most places do. It's kinda weird in the help and suggestions fourm.