Prefixes for Totse

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2010 in Help and Suggestions
I remember back when I had to edit the Trading Pit thread titles to add the tags and it was a painstaking job. Then in LOL, Internet the NSFW tag was an issue. But since we have so many forums here and they handle variety of topics, adding some concise and simple prefixes might give the user more Title space and it will help the mod organize the section better.

Like for instance, in Games People Play, users will post flash-based games such as http://bit.ly/8Xtdd6 and they have to add [FLASH] or flash or flash game in the title. Pretty soon we would have to make a sub-forum for it. So, rather than divide sections, we can have prefixes for Tech sections and other section which need them. A simple [FLASH] prefix would make it easier for the user and mod to keep things organized and the section would look better.

I already implemented the prefixes in Trading Zone, now I want to add prefixes to sections which need a sub-forum or which deal with variety of topics.

Thoughts, comments and if you agree which sections would you need a little help from prefixes.

Keep in mind prefixes don't hurt nor they take anything away from the community and I can easily implemented prefixes for each section differently if required but I would prefer prefixes for section which really need them.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Would these be groupable/searchable though? Say if I wanted to find all the flash games in the forum, how would I go about doing it?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Would these be groupable/searchable though? Say if I wanted to find all the flash games in the forum, how would I go about doing it?

They're searchable.

prefix.JPG
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, awesome! I swear you have an answer to everything bro, haha.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Oh, awesome! I swear you have an answer to everything bro, haha.

Not everything :). I still can't find anyone who would marry TJ :p. Referring to Enter comics.